Case Reports in Pulmonology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 592524, 3 pages
Lobular Capillary Hemangioma in the Posterior Trachea: A Rare Cause of Hemoptysis
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Chandler Hospital and Kentucky Clinic, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Received 24 September 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editors: L. Borderías and M. Plataki
Copyright © 2012 Ford Turner Amy and Diaz-Guzman Enrique. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. E. Mills, P. H. Cooper, and R. E. Fechner, “Lobular capillary hemangioma: the underlying lesion of pyogenic granuloma. A study of 73 cases from the oral and nasal mucous membranes,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 470–479, 1980.
- S. Irani, T. Brack, M. Pfaltz, and E. W. Russi, “Tracheal lobular capillary hemangioma: a rare cause of recurrent hemoptysis,” Chest, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 2148–2149, 2003.
- M. Chawla, C. Stone, and M. J. Simoff, “Lobular capillary hemangioma of the trachea: the second case,” Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 238–240, 2010.
- K. Madhumita, K. P. Sreekumar, H. Malini, and R. Indudharan, “Tracheal haemangioma: case report,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 118, no. 8, pp. 655–658, 2004.
- I. Porfyridis, C. Zisis, K. Glinos et al., “Recurrent cough and hemoptysis associated with tracheal capillary hemangioma in an adolescent boy: a case report,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 134, no. 5, pp. 1366–1367, 2007.
- A. R. Zambudio, M. J. Calvo, J. T. Lanzas, J. G. Medina, and P. P. Paricio, “Massive hemoptysis caused by tracheal hemangioma treated with interventional radiology,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 1302–1304, 2003.
- S. J. Patrice, K. Wiss, and J. B. Mulliken, “Pyogenic granuloma (lobular capillary hemangioma): a clinicopathologic study of 178 cases,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 267–276, 1991.
- I. Levy, J. M. Rolain, H. Lepidi et al., et al., “Is pyogenic granuloma associated with Bartonella infection?” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1065–1066, 2005.
- J. P. Campbell, R. C. Grekin, C. N. Ellis, S. S. Matsuda-John, N. A. Swanson, and J. J. Voorhees, “Retinoid therapy is associated with excess granulation tissue responses,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 708–713, 1983.
- H. Jafarzadeh, M. Sanatkhani, and N. Mohtasham, “Oral pyogenic granuloma: a review,” Journal of oral science, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 167–175, 2006.
- D. P. Sieveking, P. Lim, R. W. Y. Chow et al., “A sex-specific role for androgens in angiogenesis,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 207, no. 2, pp. 345–352, 2010.
- I. Franck-Lissbrant, S. Häggström, J. E. Damber, and A. Bergh, “Testosterone stimulates angiogenesis and vascular regrowth in the ventral prostate in castrated adult rats,” Endocrinology, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 451–456, 1998.
- T. Schneider, K. Storz, H. Dienemann, and H. Hoffmann, “Management of iatrogenic tracheobronchial injuries: a retrospective analysis of 29 cases,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 1960–1964, 2007.
- M. S. Bédard and J. Boulanger, “Treatment of lobular capillary hemangioma with the Nd:YAG laser: retrospective case series of 25 patients,” Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 181–182, 2009.
- H. C. Hölbe, P. J. Frosch, and R. A. Herbst, “Surgical pearl: ligation of the base of pyogenic granuloma—an atraumatic, simple, and cost-effective procedure,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 509–510, 2003.