- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 289103, 4 pages
Misdiagnosed Uterine Rupture of an Advanced Cornual Pregnancy
Department of Radiology, Odense University Hospital, Sdr. Boulevard 29, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Received 9 January 2012; Accepted 1 February 2012
Academic Editors: E. Kocakoc and L. Lampmann
Copyright © 2012 Christian Linus Hastrup Sant and Poul Erik Andersen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Saravelos, K. A. Cocksedge, and T. C. Li, “Prevalence and diagnosis of congenital uterine anomalies in women with reproductive failure: a critical appraisal,” Human Reproduction Update, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 415–429, 2008.
- F. Raga, C. Bauset, J. Remohi, F. Bonilla-Musoles, C. Simón, and A. Pellicer, “Reproductive impact of congenital Mullerian anomalies,” Human Reproduction, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2277–2281, 1997.
- B. W. Rackow and A. Arici, “Reproductive performance of women with müllerian anomalies,” Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 229–237, 2007.
- A. Ludwin, I. Ludwin, T. Banas, A. Knafel, M. Miedzyblocki, and A. Basta, “Diagnostic accuracy of sonohysterography, hysterosalpingography and diagnostic hysteroscopy in diagnosis of arcuate, septate and bicornuate uterus,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 178–186, 2011.
- J. M. Kriebs and J. O. Fahey, “Ectopic pregnancy,” Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 431–439, 2006.
- A. Malinowski and S. K. Bates, “Semantics and pitfalls in the diagnosis of cornual/interstitial pregnancy,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 1764-e11–1764-e14, 2006.
- L. Woh, P. R. Koh, C. N. Wong, Y. L. Sun, E. T. Lin, and M. H. Huang, “Laparoscopic management of a large viable cornual pregnancy,” JSLS: Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 506–508, 2007.
- J. Chatterjee, A. Abdullah, F. A. Sanusi, L. Irvine , and D. Griffin, “A rare sequel following cornual ectopic pregnancy: a case report,” BMJ Case Reports, vol. 2009, 2009.
- S. Veersema and A. Damoiseaux, “Ruptured ectopic (cornual) pregnancy,” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 16, no. 6, p. 666, 2009.
- M. S. Walid and R. L. Heaton, “Diagnosis and laparoscopic treatment of cornual ectopic pregnancy,” German Medical Science, vol. 8, 2010.
- N. S. Moawad, S. T. Mahajan, M. H. Moniz, S. E. Taylor, and W. W. Hurd, “Current diagnosis and treatment of interstitial pregnancy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 15–29, 2010.
- E. Tarim, S. Ulusan, E. Kilicdag, T. Yildirim, T. Bagis, and E. Kuscu, “Angular pregnancy,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 377–379, 2004.
- J. A.G. Alves, N. G. Alves, C. A.A. Júnior, F. E.L. Feitosa, and F. D.S. Costa, “Term angular pregnancy: successful expectant management,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 641–644, 2011.
- E. O. Orji, O. B. Fasubaa, B. Adeyemi, F. O. Dare, U. Onwudiegwu, and S. O. Ogunniyi, “Mortality and morbidity associated with misdiagnosis of ectopic pregnancy in a defined Nigerian population,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 548–550, 2002.
- E. Kirk and T. Bourne, “Diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy with ultrasound,” Best Practice and Research, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 501–508, 2009.
- K. T. Barnhart, “Clinical practice. Ectopic pregnancy,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 4, pp. 379–387, 2009.
- S. R. Ramphal and J. Moodley, “Advanced extrauterine pregnancy,” Current Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 90–95, 1998.
- K. C. Worley, M. D. Hnat, and F. G. Cunningham, “Advanced extrauterine pregnancy: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 198, no. 3, pp. 297–e1, 2008.
- S. Ng, S. Hamontri, I. Chua, B. Chern, and A. Siow, “Laparoscopic management of 53 cases of cornual ectopic pregnancy,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 448–452, 2009.
- D. Larraín, F. Marengo, N. Bourdel et al., “Proximal ectopic pregnancy: a descriptive general population-based study and results of different management options in 86 cases,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 867–871, 2011.
- L. A. Izquierdo and M. C. Nicholas, “Three-Dimensional Transvaginal Sonography of Interstitial Pregnancy,” Journal of Clinical Ultrasound, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 484–487, 2003.
- M. Filhastre, H. Dechaud, A. Lesnik, and P. Taourel, “Interstitial pregnancy: role of MRI,” European Radiology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 93–95, 2005.
- L. Valentin, “Imaging in gynecology. Baillière's best practice & research,” Best Practice and Research, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 881–906, 2006.
- A. C. Gjelsteen, B. H. Ching, M. W. Meyermann et al., “CT, MRI, PET, PET/CT, and ultrasound in the evaluation of obstetric and gynecologic patients,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 361–390, 2008.
- S. Goldberg-Stein, B. Liu, P. F. Hahn, and S. I. Lee, “Body CT during pregnancy: utilization trends, examination indications, and fetal radiation doses,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 146–151, 2011.
- G. W. Wallace, M. A. Davis, R. C. Semelka, and J. R. Fielding, “Imaging the pregnant patient with abdominal pain,” Abdominal Imaging. In press.
- C. Wang, X. Tu, S. Li, G. Luo, and E. R. Norwitz, “Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: a rare but serious case of acute abdominal pain in pregnancy,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 503–506, 2011.
- P. Renzulli, A. Hostettler, A. M. Schoepfer, B. Gloor, and D. Candinas, “Systematic review of atraumatic splenic rupture,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 1114–1121, 2009.