- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 596962, 3 pages
Caseous Calcification of the Mitral Annulus: A Rare Cause of Intracardiac Mass
1Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
2Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital of Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Received 4 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editors: P. E. Andersen and E. Marchiori
Copyright © 2012 Anxo Martinez-de-Alegria et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Pomerance, “Pathological and clinical study of calcification of the mitral valve ring,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 354–361, 1970.
- C. S. Fox, R. S. Vasan, H. Parise et al., “Mitral annular calcification predicts cardiovascular morbidity and mortality: the Framingham Heart Study,” Circulation, vol. 107, no. 11, pp. 1492–1496, 2003.
- G. Deluca, M. Correale, R. Ieva, B. D. Salvatore, S. Gramenzi, and M. Di Biase, “The incidence and clinical course of caseous calcification of the mitral annulus: a prospective echocardiographic Study,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 828–833, 2008.
- R. Blankstein, R. Durst, M. H. Picard, and R. C. Cury, “Progression of mitral annulus calcification to caseous necrosis of the mitral valve: complementary role of multi-modality imaging,” European Heart Journal, vol. 30, no. 3, p. 304, 2009.
- D. Harpaz, I. Auerbach, Z. Vered, M. Motro, A. Tobar, and S. Rosenblatt, “Caseous calcification of the mitral annulus: a neglected, unrecognized diagnosis,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 825–831, 2001.
- O. M. Vanovermeire, A. J. Duerinckx, D. A. Duncan, and W. G. Russell, “Caseous calcification of the mitral annulus imaged with 64-slice multidetector CT and magnetic resonance imaging,” International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, vol. 22, no. 3-4, pp. 553–559, 2006.
- L. Lubarsky, V. Jelnin, N. Marino, and H. S. Hecht, “Caseous calcification of the mitral annulus by 64-detector-row computed tomographic coronary angiography: a rare intracardiac mass,” Circulation, vol. 116, no. 5, pp. e114–e115, 2007.