- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 684309, 4 pages
Menkes Kinky Hair Syndrome: A Rare Neurodegenerative Disease
1Department of Radiology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
2Department of Radiology, Jaslok Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai 400026, India
Received 17 March 2012; Accepted 28 May 2012
Academic Editors: E. Kapsalaki and A. Matsuno
Copyright © 2012 Rozil Gandhi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Suguru, Menkes Kinky Hair Disease, Internet Site: Emedicine.
- Stephen G. Kaler, Menkes Kinky Hair Disease: Differential Diagnoses & Workup, Internet Site: Emedicine.
- K. A. Datta, T. Ghosh, K. Nayak, and M. Ghosh, “Menkes kinky hair disease: a case report,” Cases Journal, vol. 1, article 158, 2008.
- E. S. Lee, J. W. Ryoo, S. D. Choi, J. M. Cho, H. S. Kwon, and S. H. Shin, “Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of unusual white matter lesion in a patient with Menkes disease,” Korean Journal of Radiology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 82–85, 2007.
- M. Kabra, A. K. Gangakhedkar, G. R. Pasi, R. Manoj, and I. C. Verma, “Menkes' kinky hair disease: new considerations,” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 956–959, 1996.
- M. L. G. Santos, S. C. Teixeira, C. L. P. Vilanova et al., “Case report of an uncommon presentation with white matter lesions. Menkes disease,” Arquivos de Neuro-Psiquiatria, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 125–127, 2001.
- P. Fister, J. Raku, R. Z. Primec, and G. B. Strazisar, “Menkes kinky hair disease (Menkes syndrome): a case report,” Acta Dermatovenerologica Alpina, Pannonica et Adriatica, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 126–130, 2006.
- M. Ghofrani and H. H. S. Pour, “Menke's syndrome,” Medical Journal of Iranian Hospital, vol. 1, no. 2, 1999.
- D. S. Jacobs, A. S. Smith, D. A. Finelli, C. F. Lanzieri, and M. Wiznitzer, “Menkes kinky hair disease: characteristic MR angiographic findings,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1160–1163, 1993.
- P. S. Bindu, “Menkes kinky hair presenting as myoclonic seizures neuroimaging and EEG observations,” Karnataka Journal of Child Neurology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 452–455, 2007.