- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Radiology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 493752, 4 pages
Plexiform Neurofibroma of the Wrist: Imaging Features and When to Suspect Malignancy
San Fernando General Hospital, Independence Avenue, Paradise Pasture, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 20 March 2013
Academic Editors: M. Hashimoto, A. Matsuno, O. Strohm, and Y. Tsushima
Copyright © 2013 Maria Gosein et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Bredella, M. Torriani, F. Hornicek et al., “Value of PET in the assessment of patients with neurofibromatosis type I,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 189, no. 4, pp. 928–935, 2007.
- M. D. Murphey, W. S. Smith, S. E. Smith, M. J. Kransdorf, and H. T. Temple, “From the archives of the AFIP: imaging of musculoskeletal neurogenic tumors: radiologic-pathologic correlation,” Radiographics, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1253–1280, 1999.
- B. R. Korf, “Malignancy in neurofibromatosis type 1,” Oncologist, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 477–485, 2000.
- V. Lin, S. Daniel, and V. Forte, “Is a plexiform neurofibroma pathognomonic of neurofibromatosis type I?” Laryngoscope, vol. 114, no. 8 I, pp. 1410–1414, 2004.
- D. L. Reynolds, J. A. Jacobson, P. Inampudi, D. A. Jamadar, F. S. Ebrahim, and C. W. Hayes, “Sonographic characteristics of peripheral nerve sheath tumors,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 182, no. 3, pp. 741–744, 2004.
- B. Fuchs, R. J. Spinner, and M. G. Rock, “Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors: an update,” Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 168–174, 2005.
- J. Lin and W. Martel, “Cross-sectional imaging of peripheral nerve sheath tumors: characteristic signs on CT, MR imaging, and sonography,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 75–82, 2001.
- J. Wasa, Y. Nishida, S. Tsukushi et al., “MRI features in the differentiation of malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors and neurofibromas,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 194, no. 6, pp. 1568–1574, 2010.
- B. Bensaid, F. Giammarile, T. Mognetti et al., “Utility of 18 FDG positon emission tomography in detection of sarcomatous transformation in neurofibromatosis type 1,” Annales de Dermatologie et de Venereologie, vol. 134, no. 10, pp. 735–741, 2007.
- R. E. Ferner, J. F. Golding, M. Smith et al., “[18F]2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET) as a diagnostic tool for neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1) associated malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumours (MPNSTs): a long-term clinical study,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 390–394, 2008.
- S. Pinson, A. Créange, S. Barbarot, et al., “Neurofibromatosis 1: recommendations for management,” Archives de Pédiatrie, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 49–60, 2002.