- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 537613, 5 pages
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adult-Onset Still’s Disease: Rapid Response to Anakinra
Division of Rheumatology, University of Michigan, P.O. Box 481, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Received 30 April 2012; Accepted 12 June 2012
Academic Editors: R. Aminov and S. Hamoud
Copyright © 2012 Marc Campos and Elena Schiopu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. G. Bywaters, “Still's disease in the adult,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 121–133, 1971.
- G. Magadur-Joly, E. Billaud, J. H. Barrier et al., “Epidemiology of adult Still's disease: estimate of the incidence by a retrospective study in West France,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 587–590, 1995.
- M. Yamaguchi, A. Ohta, T. Tsunematsu et al., “Preliminary criteria for classification of adult Still's disease,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 424–430, 1992.
- M. Schwarz-Eywill, B. Heilig, H. Bauer, A. Breitbart, and A. Pezzutto, “Evaluation of serum ferritin as a marker for adult Still's disease activity,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 683–685, 1992.
- G. Cheema and F. J Quismorio, “Pulmonary involvement in adult-onset Still's disease,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 305–309, 1999.
- J. M. G. W. Wouters and L. B. A. van de Putte, “Adult-onset Still's disease; clinical and laboratory features, treatment and progress of 45 cases,” The Quarterly Journal of Medicine, vol. 61, no. 235, pp. 1055–1065, 1986.
- A. Fitzgerald, S. LeClercq, A. Yan, J. Homik, and C. Dinarello, “Rapid responses to anakinra in patients with refractory adult-onset Still's disease,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1794–1803, 2005.
- K. Laskari, A. Tzioufas, and H. Moutsopoulos, “Efficacy and long-term follow-up of IL-1R inhibitor anakinra in adults with Still's disease: a case-series study,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 13, no. 3, article R91, 2011.
- R. Sakai, H. Nagasawa, E. Nishi, A. Okuyama, H. Takei, T. Kurasawa, et al., “Successful treatment of adult-onset Still's disease with tocilizumab monotherapy: two case reports and literature review,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 569–574, 2012.
- L. J. Rubin, “Diagnosis and management of pulmonary arterial hypertension: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines,” Chest, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 7S–10S, 2004.
- A. Zen, N. Yamashita, M. Ueda et al., “A case of adult Still's disease with pulmonary hypertension,” Ryumachi, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 45–52, 1990.
- C. Chen, H. Chen, H. Wang, H. Liao, C. Chou, and D. Huang, “Pulmonary arterial hypertension in autoimmune diseases: an analysis of 19 cases from a medical center in northern Taiwan,” Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 162–168, 2006.
- E. Mubashir, M. Ahmed, S. Hayat, M. Heldmann, and S. Berney, “Pulmonary hypertension in a patient with adult-onset stills disease,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1359–1361, 2007.
- M. Thakare, S. Habibi, S. Agrawal, and G. Narsimulu, “Pulmonary arterial hypertension complicating adult-onset Still's disease,” Clinical Rheumatology. In press.
- M. Humbert, O. Sitbon, A. Chaouat et al., “Survival in patients with idiopathic, familial, and anorexigen-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension in the modern management era,” Circulation, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 156–163, 2010.
- J. Pouchot, J. S. Sampalis, F. Beaudet et al., “Adult Still's disease: manifestations, disease course, and outcome in 62 patients,” Medicine, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 118–136, 1991.
- M. Chada, S. Nögel, A. M. Schmidt et al., “Anakinra (IL-1R antagonist) lowers pulmonary artery pressure in a neonatal surfactant depleted piglet model,” Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 851–857, 2008.
- M. Nicolls, L. Taraseviciene-Stewart, P. Rai, D. Badesch, and N. Voelkel, “Autoimmunity and pulmonary hypertension: a perspective,” The European Respiratory Journal, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1110–1118, 2005.