- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 731230, 3 pages
Entrapment of a Dormia Basket in the Cystic Duct: Case Report
Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale di Circolo di Busto Arsizio, Presidio Ospedaliero di Saronno, U.O. Chirurgia Generale e Toracica, Piazzale Borella, 21047 Saronno, Italy
Received 9 July 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editors: S. Bhatt and S.-I. Kosugi
Copyright © 2012 Dario Pariani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Seitz, A. Bapaye, S. Bohnacker, C. Navarrete, A. Maydeo, and N. Soehendra, “Advances in therapeutic endoscopic treatment of common bile duct stones,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1133–1144, 1998.
- M. Thomas, D. A. Howell, D. Carr-Locke et al., “Mechanical lithotripsy of pancreatic and biliary stones: complications and available treatment options collected from expert centers,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 102, no. 9, pp. 1896–1902, 2007.
- S. V. Sakpal, N. Babel, and R. S. Chamberlain, “Surgical management of hepatolithiasis,” HPB, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 194–202, 2009.
- T. Attila, G. R. May, and P. Kortan, “Nonsurgical management of an impacted mechanical lithotriptor with fractured traction wires: endoscopic intracorporeal electrohydraulic shock wave lithotripsy followed by extra-endoscopic mechanical lithotripsy,” Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 699–702, 2008.
- M. U. Schneider, W. Matek, R. Bauer, and W. Domschke, “Mechanical lithotripsy of bile duct stones in 209 patients—effect of technical advances,” Endoscopy, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 248–253, 1988.
- G. Sauter, M. Sackmann, J. Holl, J. Pauletzki, T. Sauerbruch, and G. Paumgartner, “Dormia baskets impacted in the bile duct: release by extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy,” Endoscopy, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 384–387, 1995.
- S. S. Chan, “How should biliary stones be managed?” Gut and Liver, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 161–172, 2010.