- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 695318, 3 pages
Iatrogenic Sinistral Hypertension Complicating Screening Colonoscopy
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, 2000 College Plaza, 8215 112th Street, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2C8
Received 19 May 2013; Accepted 19 July 2013
Academic Editors: S. K. Boolbol and M. Ganau
Copyright © 2013 Oliver J. Ziff and A. M. James Shapiro. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. G. Child and J. G. Turcotte, “Surgery and portal hypertension,” in Major Problems in Clinical Surgery: The Liver and Portal Hypertension, C. G. Child III, Ed., vol. 1, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1964.
- S. K. Sarin, S. Chari, K. R. Sundaram, R. K. Ahuja, B. S. Anand, and S. L. Broor, “Young v adult cirrhotics: a prospective, comparative analysis of the clinical profile, natural course and survival,” Gut, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 101–107, 1988.
- T. H. Lüning, M. E. Keemers-Gels, W. B. Barendregt, A. C. I. T. L. Tan, and C. Rosman, “Colonoscopic perforations: a review of 30,366 patients,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 994–997, 2007.
- D. R. Farley, M. P. Bannon, S. P. Zietlow, J. H. Pemberton, D. M. Ilstrup, and D. R. Larson, “Management of colonoscopic perforations,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 729–733, 1997.
- A. Jain, S. Jain, V. Chowdhury, S. Mukhopadhyay, A. Aggarwal, and P. Kar, “Profuse variceal haemorrhage as a presenting feature of pancreatic adenocarcinoma in a young non-icteric patient,” Journal of Association of Physicians of India, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 730–732, 1999.
- P. V. Suhockl, K. R. Berend, and J. F. Trotter, “Idiopathic splenic vein stenosis: a cause of gastric variceal haemorrhage,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 812–814, 2000.
- R. Srinivasan, “Polycystic liver disease: an unusual cause of bleeding varices,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 389–392, 1999.