- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 715951, 4 pages
Plasmacytoid Urothelial Carcinoma of the Bladder Metastatic to the Stomach: A Case Report
1Department of Urology, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
2Department of Pathology, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Received 5 May 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editors: H.-L. Lee, K. Madbouly, and M. Marszalek
Copyright © 2012 Philippe Nabbout et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. N. Eble, G. Sauter, and J. I. Epstein, “Pathology and genetics: tumours of the urinary system and male genital organs,” in WHO Classification of Tumors, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- A. A. Sahin, M. Myhre, J. Y. Ro, N. Sneige, R. H. Dekmezian, and A. G. Ayala, “Plasmacytoid transitional cell carcinoma. Report of a case with initial presentation mimicking multiple myeloma,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 277–280, 1991.
- T. Manousakas, A. Kyroudi, M. A. Dimopoulos, E. Moraitis, and D. Mitropoulos, “Plasmacytoid transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 86, no. 7, p. 910, 2000.
- X. M. Zhang, A. Elhosseiny, and M. R. Melamed, “Plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma of the bladder: a case report and the first description of urinary cytology,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 412–416, 2002.
- R. R. Ricardo-Gonzalez, M. Nguyen, N. Gokden, A. R. Sangoi, J. C. Presti Jr., and J. K. McKenney, “Plasmacytoid carcinoma of the bladder: a urothelial carcinoma variant with a predilection for intraperitoneal spread,” Journal of Urology, vol. 187, no. 3, pp. 852–855, 2012.
- H. M. Fritsche, M. Burger, S. Denzinger, W. Legal, P. J. Goebell, and A. Hartmann, “Plasmacytoidurothelial carcinoma of the bladder:histological and clinical features of 5 case,” Journal of Urology, vol. 180, no. 5, pp. 1923–1927, 2008.
- P. Nigwekar, P. Tamboli, M. B. Amen, A. O. Osunkoya, D. Ben-Dor, and M. B. Amin, “Plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma: detailed analysis of morphology with clinicopathologic correlation in 17 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 417–424, 2009.
- B. Keck, R. Stoehr, S. Wach et al., “The plasmacytoid carcinoma of the bladder—rare variant of aggressive urothelial carcinoma,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 346–354, 2011.
- K. T. Mai, P. C. Park, H. M. Yazdi et al., “Plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Report of seven new cases,” European Urology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1111–1114, 2006.
- J. Y. Ro, S. S. Shen, H. I. Lee, et al., “Plasmacytoid transitional cell carcinoma of urinary bladder: a clinicopathologic study of 9 cases,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 752–757, 2008.
- T. Cai, M. Piazzini, G. Nesi et al., “E-cadherin mRNA expression analysis in evaluating the natural history of urothelial bladder cell carcinoma: results from a long-term follow-up study,” Oncology reports, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 925–930, 2007.
- K. A. Schrader, S. Masciari, N. Boyd et al., “Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer: association with lobular breast cancer,” Familial Cancer, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 2008.