- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Vascular Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 354382, 4 pages
Detection of Unstable Carotid Plaque by Tissue Doppler Imaging and Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound in a Patient with Recurrent Amaurosis Fugax
1Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
2Franziskus-Krankenhaus, Budapester Straße 15-19, 10787 Berlin, Germany
Received 3 December 2012; Accepted 27 December 2012
Academic Editors: R. A. Bishara and Y.-J. Chen
Copyright © 2013 Hagen Kunte et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. M. Rothwell, M. Eliasziw, S. A. Gutnikov, C. P. Warlow, and H. J. M. Barnett, “Endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis in relation to clinical subgroups and timing of surgery,” The Lancet, vol. 363, no. 9413, pp. 915–924, 2004.
- H. Kunte, G. Kunte, M. A. Busch, W. Weichert, R. I. Rückert, and L. Harms, “Differences in carotid plaque content of macrophages, T cells and MMP-9 between patients with embolic and hemodynamic cerebral ischemia due to symptomatic carotid stenosis,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 211, no. 2, pp. 456–460, 2010.
- H. Kunte, C. Schmidt, L. Harms, R. I. Rückert, M. Grigoryev, and T. Fischer, “Contrast-enhanced ultrasound and detection of carotid plaque neovascularization,” Neurology, vol. 79, article 2081, 2012.
- M. M. Mughal, M. K. Khan, J. K. DeMarco, A. Majid, F. Shamoun, and G. S. Abela, “Symptomatic and asymptomatic carotid artery plaque,” Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, vol. 9, pp. 1315–1330, 2011.
- S. Partovi, M. Loebe, M. Aschwanden et al., “Contrast-enhanced ultrasound for assessing carotid atherosclerotic plaque lesions,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 198, pp. W13–W19, 2012.
- H. Kunte, R. I. Rückert, C. Schmidt, L. Harms, M. Grigoryev, and T. Fischer, “Inverse fly through technique in imaging of carotid stenosis,” Neurology, vol. 80, article 122, 2013.