- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Vascular Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 108215, 3 pages
Postmortem Demonstration of the Source of Pulmonary Thromboembolism: The Importance of the Autopsy
Arkadi M Rywlin, M. D. Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center and Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine,
Florida International University, Miami, FL 3319, USA
Received 13 July 2011; Accepted 16 August 2011
Academic Editor: E. Minar
Copyright © 2011 Gina Elhammady et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. J. R. van Beek , B. Charbonnier, G. Meyer, M. Morpurgo, A. Palla, and A. Perrier, Eds., “Guidelines on diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism. Task force on pulmonary embolism, European society of cardiology,” European Heart Journal, vol. 21, no. 16, pp. 1301–1336, 2000.
- M. Morpurgo and C. Schmid, “The spectrum of pulmonary embolism,” Chest, vol. 107, supplement, pp. 18S–20S, 1994.
- P. Prandoni, P. Polistena, E. Bernardi et al., “Upper-extremity deep vein thrombosis: risk factors, diagnosis, and complications,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 1997.
- W. W. Coon and F. A. Coller, “Clinicopathologic correlation in thromboembolism,” Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, vol. 109, pp. 259–269, 1959.
- M. Morpurgo, C. Schmid, and V. Mandelli, “Factors influencing the clinical diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: analysis of 229 postmortem cases,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 65, 1, pp. S79–S82, 1998.
- P. V. Reddy and D. Solomon, “Pulmonary emboli from massive thrombosis of the periprostatic venous plexus mimicking acute respiratory distress syndrome,” Chest, vol. 124, no. 4, p. 251S, 2003.