- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 782953, 8 pages
Amenability of the Restricted Fourier Algebras
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University,
Tehran 14115-134, Iran
2Department of Pure Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematical Science, University of Guilan, Rasht 1841, Iran
Received 7 March 2012; Accepted 2 May 2012
Academic Editors: V. K. Dobrev, K. Fujii, M. Ladra, and M. Przybylska
Copyright © 2012 Massoud Amini and Marzieh Shams Yousefi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. V. Lawson, Inverse Semigroups, The Theory of Partial Symmetries, World Scientific, Singapore, 1998.
- J. Duncan and I. Namioka, “Amenability of inverse semigroups and their semigroup algebras,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 80, no. 3-4, pp. 309–321, 1978.
- R. J. Lindahl and P. H. Maserick, “Positive-definite functions on involution semigroups,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 38, pp. 771–782, 1971.
- A. T. M. Lau, “The Fourier-Stieltjes algebra of a topological semigroup with involution,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 165–181, 1978.
- M. Amini and A. Medghalchi, “Restricted algebras on inverse semigroups. I. Representation theory,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 279, no. 16, pp. 1739–1748, 2006.
- M. Amini and A. Medghalchi, “Restricted algebras on inverse semigroups—part II: positive definite functions,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2011, Article ID 324821, 21 pages, 2011.
- M. Shams Yousefi, M. Amini, and F. Sady, “Complete order amenability of the Fourier algebra,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 485–504, 2010.
- D. Milan, “-algebras of inverse semigroups: amenability and weak containment,” Journal of Operator Theory, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 317–332, 2010.
- P. Eymard, “L'algèbre de Fourier d'un groupe localement compact,” Bulletin de la Société Mathématique de France, vol. 92, pp. 181–236, 1964.
- N. Spronk, “Amenability properties of Fourier algebras and Fourier-Stieltjes algebras: a survey,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Banach Algebras, Banach Center Publications, Będlewo, Poland, July 2009.
- R. Exel, “Partial representations and amenable Fell bundles over free groups,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 39–63, 2000.