- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Astronomy and Astrophysics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 378493, 4 pages
Pulsars: Cosmic Permanent “Neutromagnets”?
Department of Physics, Luleå University of Technology, 971 87 Luleå, Sweden
Received 3 October 2011; Accepted 9 November 2011
Academic Editors: A. Fletcher and C. Meegan
Copyright © 2011 Johan Hansson and Anna Ponga. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Hewish, S. J. Bell, J. D. H. Pilkington, P. F. Scott, and R. A. Collins, “Observation of a rapidly pulsating radio source,” Nature, vol. 217, no. 5130, pp. 709–713, 1968.
- T. Gold, “Rotating neutron stars as the origin of the pulsating radio sources,” Nature, vol. 218, no. 5143, pp. 731–732, 1968.
- F. Pacini, “Rotating neutron stars, pulsars and supernova remnants,” Nature, vol. 219, no. 5150, pp. 145–146, 1968.
- W. Baade and F. Zwicky, “On super-novae,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 254–259, 1934.
- J. Cottam, F. Paerels, and M. Mendez, “Gravitationally redshifted absorption lines in the x-ray burst spectra of a neutron star,” Nature, vol. 420, no. 6911, pp. 51–54, 2002.
- R. B. Wiringa, V. G. J. Stoks, and R. Schiavilla, “Accurate nucleon-nucleon potential with charge-independence breaking,” Physical Review C, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 38–51, 1995.
- Y. Koike, H. Suzuki, S. Abe, Y. Karaki, M. Kubota, and H. Ishimoto, “Ferromagnetic nuclear spin order of scandium,” Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol. 101, no. 3-4, pp. 617–622, 1995.
- S. E. Thorsett and D. Chakrabarty, “Neutron star mass measurements. I. Radio pulsars,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 512, no. 1, pp. 288–299, 1999.
- R. C. Duncan and C. Thompson, “Formation of very strongly magnetized neutron stars: implications for γ-ray bursts,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 392, no. 1, pp. L9–L13, 1992.
- H. C. Spruit, “Origin of neutron star magnetic fields,” AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 983, pp. 391–398, 2008.