- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Astronomy and Astrophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 506187, 3 pages
Discovery of Discrete Structured Bubbles within Lunar Regolith Impact Glasses
1Discipline of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Queensland University of Technology, 2 George Street, GPO Box 2434, Brisbane, Qld 4001, Australia
2National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center, 101 Hsin-Ann Road, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu 30076, Taiwan
Received 20 December 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editors: S. Ettori and R. A. West
Copyright © 2012 Marek S. Żbik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Wesselink, “Heat conductivity and nature of lunar surface material,” Bulletin of the Astronomical Institutes of the Netherlands, vol. 10, pp. 351–363, 1948.
- J. C. Laul, J. J. Papike, and S. B. Simon, “The lunar regolith: comparative studies of the Apollo and Luna 16, 20 and 24,” in Proceedings of the 12th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, pp. 389–407, 1981.
- I. I. Czerkasow and W. W. Schwarew, Gruntoviedienie Luny, Nauka, Moscow, 1979.
- M. S. Żbik, R. L. Frost, Y.-F. Song, and Y.-M. Chen, “High porosity chained aggregates from the topsoil of the Lunar regolith Dust,” in Proceedings of the 9th Australian Space Conference, pp. 55–65, Australian Academy of Science, University of Sydney, 2010.
- B. Grabowska-Olszewska and M. Żbik, “Lunar Soil Sample in Poland,” Przeglad Geologiczny, no. 7, pp. 418–420, 1984.
- M. Żbik, “Features of impact metamorphism in lunar regolith studies,” Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Earth Sciences, vol. 39, pp. 299–309, 1991.
- D. Attwood, “Microscopy: nanotomography comes of age,” Nature, vol. 442, no. 7103, pp. 642–643, 2006.
- G. C. Yin, M. T. Tang, Y. F. Song et al., “Energy-tunable transmission x-ray microscope for differential contrast imaging with near 60 nm resolution tomography,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 24, Article ID 241115, 2006.
- M. S. Żbik, R. L. Frost, and Y. F. Song, “Advantages and limitations of the synchrotron based transmission X-ray microscopy in the study of the clay aggregate structure in aqueous suspensions,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 319, no. 1, pp. 169–174, 2008.
- M. Żbik, M. Jasieniak, and R. S. C. Smart, “Organosilane occurrence in irghizite samples from the Zhamanshin impact crater, Kazakhstan,” Meteoritics and Planetary Science, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 943–947, 2000.
- B. O'Brien, “Direct active measurements of movements of lunar dust: rocket exhausts and natural effects contaminating and cleansing Apollo hardware on the Moon in 1969,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 36, no. 9, Article ID L09201, 2009.