- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 796783, 8 pages
Effects of Additional Foods to Predators on Nutrient-Consumer-Predator Food Chain Model
Department of Mathematics, Daharpur A. P. K. B Vidyabhaban, Paschim Medinipur, West Bengal, India
Received 8 February 2012; Accepted 18 March 2012
Academic Editors: J. R. C. Piqueira and I. Rogozin
Copyright © 2012 Banshidhar Sahoo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. A. Abrams and J. D. Roth, “The effects of enrichment of three-species food chains with nonlinear functional responses,” Ecology, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 1118–1130, 1994.
- M. Scheffer, S. H. Hosper, M. L. Meijer, and B. Moss, “Alternative equilibria in shallow lakes,” Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 8, pp. 352–356, 1993.
- D. L. DeAngelis, Dynamics of Nutrient Cycling and Food Webs, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1992.
- M. L. Rosenzweig, “Paradox of enrichment: destabilization of exploitation ecosystems in ecological time,” Science, vol. 171, no. 3969, pp. 385–387, 1971.
- D. Ghosh and A. K. Sarkar, “Stability and oscillations in a resource-based model of two interacting species with nutrient cycling,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 25–33, 1998.
- G. Huxel and K. McCann, “Food web stability: the influence of trophic flows across habitats,” American Naturalist, vol. 152, no. 3, pp. 460–469, 1998.
- R. Bhattacharyya, A. Bera, and B. Mukhopadhyay, “Role of different system delays on ecological food chain dynamics: mathematical modelling and analysis,” Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 727–737, 2010.
- S. L. Pimm and J. H. Lawton, “On feeding on more than one trophic level,” Nature, vol. 275, no. 5680, pp. 542–544, 1978.
- J. D. Harwood and J. J. Obrycki, “The role of alternative prey in sustaining predator populations,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Biological Control of Arthropods, M. S. Hoddle, Ed., vol. 2, pp. 453–462, 2005.
- M. W. Sabelis and P. C. J. van Rijn, “When does alternative food promote biological pest control?” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Biological Control of Arthropods, M. S. Hoddle, Ed., vol. 2, pp. 428–437, 2005.
- M. van Baalen, V. Křivan, P. C. J. van Rijn, and M. W. Sabelis, “Alternative food, switching predators, and the persistence of predator-prey systems,” American Naturalist, vol. 157, no. 5, pp. 512–524, 2001.
- P. D. N. Srinivasu, B. S. R. V. Prasad, and M. Venkatesulu, “Biological control through provision of additional food to predators: a theoretical study,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 111–120, 2007.
- B. Sahoo and S. Poria, “Dynamics of a predator-prey system with seasonal effects on additional food,” International Journal of Ecosystem, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 10–13, 2011.
- B. Sahoo, “A predator-prey model with general holling interactions in presence of additional food,” International Journal of Plant Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 47–50, 2012.
- J. A. Estes, J. Terborgh, J. S. Brashares et al., “Trophic downgrading of planet earth,” Science, vol. 333, no. 6040, pp. 301–306, 2011.
- M. Nagumo, “Uber die Lage der Integralkurven gew onlicher Differentialgleichungen,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 24, pp. 551–559, 1942.
- H. Freedman and P. Waltman, “Persistence in models of three interacting predator-prey populations,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 213–231, 1984.