- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 468193, 9 pages
Sequences Analysis of ITS Region and 18S rDNA of Ulva
College of Life Sciences, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China
Received 23 February 2011; Accepted 7 April 2011
Academic Editors: J. Elster and H. Sanderson
Copyright © 2012 Zijie Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Schories and K. Reise, “Germination and anchorage of Enteromorpha spp. in sediments of the Wadden Sea,” Helgoland Marine Research, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 275–285, 1993.
- R. L. Fletcher, “The occurrence of ‘green tides’,” in Marine Benthic Vegetation: Recent Changes and the Effects of Eutrophication, W. Schramm and P. H. Nienhuis, Eds., Ecological Studies, vol. 123, pp. 7–43, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- T. A. Nelson, K. Haberlin, A. V. Nelson et al., “Ecological and physiological controls of species composition in green macroalgal blooms,” Ecology, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 1287–1298, 2008.
- T. A. Nelson, J. Olson, L. Imhoff, and A. V. Nelson, “Aerial exposure and desiccation tolerances are correlated to species composition in ‘green tides’ of the Salish Sea (northeastern Pacific),” Botanica Marina, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 103–111, 2010.
- P. Jiang, J. F. Wang, Y. L. Cui, Y. X. Li, H. Z. Lin, and S. Qin, “Molecular phylogenetic analysis of attached Ulvaceae species and free-floating Enteromorpha from Qingdao coasts in 2007,” Chinese Journal Oceanology and Limnology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 276–279, 2008.
- S. Sun, J. F. Wang, C. L. Li, et al., “Emerging challenges: massive green algae blooms in the Yellow Sea,” Nature Precedings, 2008.
- L. P. Ding, X. G. Fei, Q. Q. Lu, Y. Y. Deng, and S. X. Lian, “The possibility analysis of habitats, origin and reappearance of bloom green alga (Enteromorpha prolifera) on inshore of western Yellow Sea,” Chinese Journal Oceanology and Limnology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 421–424, 2009.
- N. H. Ye, Z. M. Zhang, X. S. Jin, and Q. Y. Wang, “China is on the track tackling Enteromorpha spp. forming green tide,” Nature Precedings, 2008.
- D. Y. Liu, J. K. Keesing, Q. G. Xing, and P. Shi, “World's largest macroalgal bloom caused by expansion of seaweed aquaculture in China,” Marine Pollution Bulletin, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 888–895, 2009.
- H. F. Link, “Epistola ad virum celeberrimum Nees ab Esen-beck. de algis aquaticis, in genera Disponendis,” in Horae Physicae Berolinense, C. G. D. Nees von Esenbeck, Ed., pp. 1–8, Bonnae, Bonn, Germany, 1820.
- E. Nic Dhonncha and M. D. Guiry, “Algaebase: documenting seaweed biodiversity in Ireland and the world,” Biology and Environment, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 185–188, 2002.
- C. K. Tseng and J. F. Zhang, “Economic seaweeds of northern China,” Journal of Shandong University (Natural Science), vol. 2, pp. 57–82, 1952 (Chinese).
- C. K. Tseng and J. F. Zhang, “The economic seaweeds flora of the Yellow Sea and East Sea,” Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, vol. 2, pp. 43–52, 1959 (Chinese).
- C. K. Tseng, D. R. Zhang, and J. F. Zhang, China Economic Seaweeds Records, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1962.
- C. K. Tseng and J. F. Zhang, “A preliminary analytical study of the Chinese marine algal flora,” Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 245–253, 1963 (Chinese).
- M. L. Dong, “A preliminary phytogeographical studies on Chinese species of Enteromorpha,” Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 46–51, 1963 (Chinese).
- T. J. White, T. Bruns, S. Lee, and J. Taylor, “Amplification and direct sequencing of fungal ribosomal RNA genes for phylogenetics,” in PCR Protocols: A Guide to Methods and Applications, M. A. Innes, D. H. Gefland, J. J. Sninsky, and T. J. White, Eds., pp. 315–322, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- G. C. Booton, G. L. Floyd, and P. A. Fuerst, “Polyphyly of tetrasporalean green algae inferred from nuclear small-subunit ribosomal DNA,” Journal of Phycology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 306–311, 1998.
- M. J. H. Van Oppen, Tracking trails by cracking codes, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands, 1995.
- I. H. Tan, J. Blomster, G. Hansen et al., “Molecular phylogenetic evidence for a reversible morphogenetic switch controlling the gross morphology of two common genera of green seaweeds, Ulva and Enteromorpha,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1011–1018, 1999.
- H. S. Hayden, J. Blomster, C. A. Maggs, P. C. Silva, M. J. Stanhope, and J. R. Waaland, “Linnaeus was right all along: Ulva and Enteromorpha are not distinct genera,” European Journal of Phycology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 277–294, 2003.
- C. Bliding, “A critical study of European taxa in Ulvales. I. Capsosiphon, Percursaria, Blidingia, Enteromorpha,” Opera Botanica, vol. 8, pp. 1–160, 1963.
- J. Blomster, C. A. Maggs, and M. J. Stanhope, “Molecular and morphological analysis of Enteromorpha intestinalis and E. compressa (Chlorophyta) in the British Isles,” Journal of Phycology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 319–340, 1998.
- M. Hiraoka, M. Ohno, S. Kawaguchi, and G. Yoshida, “Crossing test among floating Ulva thalli forming ‘green tide’ in Japan,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 512, pp. 239–245, 2004.
- K. Niwa, A. Kobiyama, and T. Sakamoto, “Interspecific hybridization in the haploid blade-forming marine crop Porphyra (Bangiales, Rhodophyta): occurrence of allodiploidy in surviving F1 gametophytic blades,” Journal of Phycology, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 693–702, 2010.
- S. Shimada, M. Hiraoka, S. Nabata, M. Lima, and M. Masuda, “Molecular phylogenetic analyses of the Japanese Ulva and Enteromorpha (Ulvales, Ulvophyceae), with special reference to the free-floating Ulva,” Phycological Research, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 99–108, 2003.
- A. R. Sherwood, D. J. Garbary, and R. G. Sheath, “Assessing the phylogenetic position of the Prasiolales (Chlorophyta) using rbcL and 18S rRNA gene sequence data,” Phycologia, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 139–146, 2000.
- S. D. Shen, Y. Y. Li, X. J. Wu, and L. P. Ding, “Sequences and phylogeny analysis of rbcL gene in marine Chlorophyta,” Oceanic and Coastal Sea Research, vol. 9, pp. 145–150, 2010.
- S. Kumar, K. Tamura, and I. B. Jakobsen, “MEGA2: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis software,” Bioinformatics, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1244–1245, 2001.
- H. S. Hayden and J. R. Waaland, “Phylogenetic systematics of the Ulvaceae (Ulvales, Ulvophyceae) using chloroplast and nuclear DNA sequences,” Journal of Phycology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1200–1212, 2002.
- J. W. Wang, A. P. Lin, S. D. Shen, and B. L. Yan, “Microscopic observation on the development of Enteromorpha prolifera (Chlorophyta),” Ecologic Science, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 400–404, 2006.
- P. Gayral, “Sur le démembrement de l'actual genre Monostroma Thuret (Chlorophycées, Ulotrichales s.l.),” Comptes Rendus de l' Academie des Sciences, vol. 258, pp. 2149–2152, 1964.