- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 192670, 8 pages
Clinical Evaluation of a Mobile Heart Rhythm Telemonitoring System
1Clinic of Cardiology, National Cardiology Hospital, 1309 Sofia, Bulgaria
2Department of Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging and Functional Diagnostics, National Cardiology Hospital, 65 Koniovitsa Street, 1309 Sofia, Bulgaria
3Department of Cardiology, University Hospital “St. Ekaterina”, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
Received 26 July 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bobik and C. Vassalle
Copyright © 2012 Hristo Mateev et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Clarke, A. Shah, and U. Sharma, “Systematic review of studies on telemonitoring of patients with congestive heart failure: a meta-analysis,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 7–14, 2011.
- J. Polisena, K. Tran, K. Cimon et al., “Home telemonitoring for congestive heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 68–76, 2010.
- S. C. Inglis, R. A. Clark, F. A. McAlister et al., “Structured telephone support or telemonitoring programmes for patients with chronic heart failure.,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 8, p. CD007228, 2010.
- A. Giordano, S. Scalvini, E. Zanelli et al., “Multicenter randomised trial on home-based telemanagement to prevent hospital readmission of patients with chronic heart failure,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 192–199, 2009.
- F. Koehler, S. Winkler, M. Schieber et al., “Impact of remote telemedical management on mortality and hospitalizations in ambulatory patients with chronic heart failure: the telemedical interventional monitoring in heart failure study,” Circulation, vol. 123, no. 17, pp. 1873–1880, 2011.
- M. Braecklein, I. Tchoudovski, C. Moor, K. Egorouchkina, L. P. Pang, and A. Bolz, “Wireless telecardiological monitoring system for the homecare area,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE-EMBS '05), vol. 4, pp. 3793–3795, September 2005.
- Y. Zhang, J. Bai, X. Zhou et al., “First trial of home ECG and blood pressure telemonitoring system in Macau,” Telemedicine Journal, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 67–72, 1997.
- B. Wu, Y. Zhuo, X. Zhu, Q. Yan, L. Zhu, and G. Li, “A novel mobile ECG telemonitoring system,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE-EMBS '05), vol. 4, pp. 3818–3821, September 2005.
- Q. Fang, F. Sufi, and I. Cosic, “A mobile device based ECG analysis system,” in Data Mining in Medical and Biological Research, E. Giannopoulou, Ed., pp. 209–226, I-Tech Education and Publishing KG, Vienna, Austria, 2008.
- D. Vukajlovic, B. Bojovic, L. Hadzievski, S. George, I. Gussak, and D. Panescu, “Wireless remote monitoring of atrial fibrillation using reconstructed 12-lead ECGs,” in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC '10), vol. 1, pp. 1113–1118, arg, September 2010.
- J. Tomcsányi and P. Bezzeg, “Home ECG monitoring of high-risk post myocardial infarction patients,” Orvosi Hetilap, vol. 150, no. 21, pp. 985–988, 2009.
- C. Glaros, D. I. Fotiadis, A. Likas, et al., “A wearable intelligent system for monitoring health condition and rehabilitation of running athletes,” in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Conference on Information Technology Applications in Biomedicine, pp. 276–279, 2003.
- K. Hung and Y. T. Zhang, “Implementation of a WAP-based telemedicine system for patient monitoring,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2003.
- G. Yang, Y. Cao, J. Chen, H. Tenhunen, and L. R. Zheng, “An Active-Cable connected ECG monitoring system for ubiquitous healthcare,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology (ICCIT '08), pp. 392–397, November 2008.
- M. B. M. Amien and J. Lin, “Dual-mode continuous arrhythmias telemonitoring system,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 965–971, 2007.
- T. Sakamoto, D. Wei, and K. Hamao, “A study of ECG telemonitoring system using mobile internet connections,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT '04), pp. 593–597, September 2004.
- I. I. Christov, “Real time electrocardiogram qrs detection using combined adaptive threshold,” BioMedical Engineering, vol. 3, no. 1, p. 28, 2004.
- I. Christov, I. Dotsinsky, I. Simova, R. Prokopova, E. Trendafilova, and S. Naydenov, “Dataset of manually measured QT intervals in the electrocardiogram,” BioMedical Engineering Online, vol. 5, p. 31, 2006.
- I. Christov, “Assessment of the performance of the adaptive thresholding algorithm for QRS detection with the use of AHA database,” Bioautomation, vol. 6, pp. 27–37, 2007.