- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 907102, 5 pages
Ischemic Time as a Predictor of Physical Recovery in the First Months after Heart Transplantation
1Heart Failure and Transplant Unit, La Fe University Hospital, Boulevar Sur S/N, 46026 Valencia, Spain
2Cardiology Department, La Fe University Hospital, Boulevar Sur S/N, 46026 Valencia, Spain
3Research Institute, La Fe University Hospital, Boulevar Sur S/N, 46026 Valencia, Spain
4Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology Department, La Fe University Hospital, Boulevar Sur S/N, 46026 Valencia, Spain
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 8 May 2012
Academic Editors: P. R. Hansen and F. Quaini
Copyright © 2012 Francisco Buendía-Fuentes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Marconi and M. Marzorati, “Exercise after heart transplantation,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 90, no. 3-4, pp. 250–259, 2003.
- M. Sigmund, F. J. Beck, J. Silny, C. Reupcke, U. Desch, and P. Hanrath, “Cardiopulmonary exercise capacity before and after cardiac transplantation,” Zeitschrift fur Kardiologie, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 97–102, 1994.
- J. S. Mandak, K. D. Aaronson, and D. M. Mancini, “Serial assessment of exercise capacity after heart transplantation,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 468–478, 1995.
- A. C. Kao, P. Van Trigt, G. S. Shaeffer-McCall et al., “Central and peripheral limitations to upright exercise in untrained cardiac transplant recipients,” Circulation, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 2605–2615, 1994.
- G. Ulubay, S. S. Ulasli, A. Sezgin, and M. Haberal, “Assessing exercise performance after heart transplantation,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 398–404, 2007.
- R. W. Braith, M. C. Limacher, S. H. Leggett, and M. L. Pollock, “Skeletal muscle strength in heart transplant recipients,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 12, no. 6 I, pp. 1018–1023, 1993.
- J. Salyer, D. V. Jewell, and R. J. Quigg, “Predictors of early post-cardiac transplant exercise capacity,” Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 381–388, 1999.
- T. C. Leung, K. V. Ballman, T. G. Allison et al., “Clinical predictors of exercise capacity 1 year after cardiac transplantation,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 16–27, 2003.
- A. Kaser, M. Martinelli, M. Feller, T. Carrel, P. Mohacsi, and R. Hullin, “Heart rate response determines long term exercise capacity after heart transplantation,” Swiss Medical Weekly, vol. 139, no. 21-22, pp. 308–312, 2009.
- H. Douard, E. Parrens, M. A. Billes, L. Labbe, E. Baudet, and J. P. Broustet, “Predictive factors of maximal aerobic capacity after cardiac transplantation,” European Heart Journal, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1823–1828, 1997.
- J. K. Kirklin and D. C. Naftel, “Mechanical circulatory support: registering a therapy in evolution,” Circulation: Heart Failure, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 200–205, 2008.
- L. W. Stevenson, F. D. Pagani, J. B. Young et al., “INTERMACS profiles of advanced heart failure: the current picture,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 535–541, 2009.
- B. E. Ainsworth, W. L. Haskell, M. C. Whitt et al., “Compendium of physical activities: an update of activity codes and MET intensities,” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, vol. 32, no. 9, supplement, pp. S498–S504, 2000.
- A. C. King, W. L. Haskell, D. R. Young, R. K. Oka, and M. L. Stefanick, “Long-term effects of varying intensities and formats of physical activity on participation rates, fitness, and lipoproteins in men and women aged 50 to 65 years,” Circulation, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 2596–2604, 1995.
- M. G. Crespo Leiro, L. A. Bonet, L. Alonso-Pulpón et al., “Conferencia de consenso de los grupos Españoles de trasplante cardiaco,” Revista Espanola de Cardiologia Suplementos, vol. 7, pp. 4B–54B, 2007.
- J. B. Young, D. C. Naftel, R. C. Bourge et al., “Matching the heart donor and heart transplant recipient. Clues for successful expansion of the donor pool: a multivariable, multiinstitutional report,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 353–364, 1994.
- M. B. P. Schnitzler, T. Burroughs, R. Lee, and P. Hauptum, “Impact of ischemia time on the outcomes of heart transplant,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 26, article S64, 2007.
- D. F. Del Rizzo, A. H. Menkis, P. W. Pflugfelder et al., “The role of donor age and ischemic time on survival following orthotopic heart transplantation,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 310–319, 1999.
- M. J. Russo, J. M. Chen, R. A. Sorabella et al., “The effect of ischemic time on survival after heart transplantation varies by donor age: an analysis of the United Network for Organ Sharing database,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 554–559, 2007.
- J. A. Morgan, R. John, A. D. Weinberg et al., “Prolonged donor ischemic time does not adversely affect long-term survival in adult patients undergoing cardiac transplantation,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. 1624–1633, 2003.