- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 789489, 7 pages
Effect of Contact Angle on Steam Dropwise Condensation: A Simulation Approach
Department of Chemical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan 84156-83111, Iran
Received 22 January 2012; Accepted 14 February 2012
Academic Editors: C.-T. Hsieh and M. E. R. Shanahan
Copyright © 2012 Milad Nahavandi and Arjomand Mehrabani-Zeinabad. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Hartnett and T. F. Irvine, Advances in Heat Transfer, vol. 21, Academic Press, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1991.
- G. D. Bansal, S. Khandekar, and K. Muralidhar, “Measurement of heat transfer during drop-wise condensation of water on polyethylene,” Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 184–201, 2009.
- A. Faghri, Y. Zhang, and J. Howell, Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer, Global Digital Press, 2010.
- V. P. Carey, Liquid-Vapor Phase-Change Phenomena: An Introduction to the Thermophysics of Vaporization and Condensation Processes in Heat Transfer Equipment, Hemisphere, Washington, DC, USA, 1992.
- N. K. Battoo, B. S. Sikarwar, S. Khandekar, and K. Muralidhar, “Mathematical modeling and simulation of dropwise condensation and inclined surfaces exposed to vapor flux,” in Proceedings of the 20th National and 9th International ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, Copyright Research Publishing Services, 2010.
- P. Griffith, “Dropwise condensation,” in Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, E. U. Schlunder, Ed., Hemisphere Publishing, New York, NY, USA, 2 edition, 1983.
- M. Xuehu, T. Bai, C. Jiabin, X. Dunqi, and L. Jifang, “Dropwise condensation heat transfer of steam on a polytethfluoroethylene film, Institute of Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology,” Journal of Thermal Science, vol. 10, no. 3, 2001.