- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Computational Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 671423, 12 pages
Consistent Neighborhood Search for Combinatorial Optimization
1École des Mines d'Alès, LGI2P Research Center, Parc Scientifique Georges Besse, 30035 Nimes Cedex 01, France
2Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, HEC–University of Geneva, Uni-Mail, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Received 11 May 2012; Accepted 28 June 2012
Academic Editors: D. S. Corti, R. K. Upadhyay, and E. Weber
Copyright © 2012 Michel Vasquez and Nicolas Zufferey. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Garey and D. S. Johnson, Computer and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness, Freeman, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1979.
- S. Kirkpatrick, C. D. Gelatt, and M. P. Vecchi, “Optimization by simulated annealing,” Science, vol. 220, no. 4598, pp. 671–680, 1983.
- F. Glover, “Tabu search—part I,” Journal on Computing, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 190–250, 1989.
- I. Charon and O. Hudry, “The noising method: a new method for combinatorial optimization,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 133–137, 1993.
- N. Mladenović and P. Hansen, “Variable neighborhood search,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1097–1100, 1997.
- C. Voudouris and E. Tsang, “Guided local search and its application to the traveling salesman problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 469–499, 1999.
- M. Vasquez and N. Zufferey, “Consistent neighborhood search for constrained assignment problems,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Modeling, Optimization & Simulation (MOSIM '12), Bordeaux, France, June 2012.
- A. Dupont, M. Vasquez, and D. Habet, “Consistent neighbourhood in a Tabu search,” in Metaheuristics: Progress as Real Problem Solverschapter, no. 17, pp. 367–386, Springer, 2005.
- F. Glover and M. Laguna, Tabu Search, Kluwer Academic, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- V. Chvátal, “Resolution search,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 81–99, 1997.
- I. Blöchliger and N. Zufferey, “A graph coloring heuristic using partial solutions and a reactive tabu scheme,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 960–975, 2008.
- P. Galinier and A. Hertz, “A survey of local search methods for graph coloring,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 2547–2562, 2006.
- A. Hertz and D. de Werra, “Using tabu search techniques for graph coloring,” Computing, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 345–351, 1987.
- P. Galinier, A. Hertz, and N. Zufferey, “An adaptive memory algorithm for the k-coloring problem,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 156, no. 2, pp. 267–279, 2008.
- P. Galinier and J.-K. Hao, “Hybrid evolutionary algorithms for graph coloring,” Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 379–397, 1999.
- C. Morgenstern, “Distributed coloration neighborhood search,” Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 26, pp. 335–3357, 1996.
- E. Malaguti, M. Monacci, and P. Toth, “A metaheuristic approach for the vertex coloring problem,” INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 302–316, 2008.
- A. Dupont, E. Alvernhe, and M. Vasquez, “Efficient filtering and Tabu search on a consistent neighbourhood for the Frequency Assignment Problem with Polarisation,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 130, no. 1–4, pp. 179–198, 2004.
- A. Hertz, D. Schindl, and N. Zufferey, “A solution method for a car fleet management problem with maintenance constraints,” Journal of Heuristics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 425–450, 2009.
- M. Vasquez and J.-K. Hao, “A “logic-constrained” knapsack formulation and a tabu algorithm for the daily photograph scheduling of an earth observation satellite,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 137–157, 2001.
- N. Zufferey, P. Amstutz, and P. Giaccari, “Graph colouring approaches for a satellite range scheduling problem,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 263–277, 2008.
- D. Habet, M. Vasquez, and Y. Vimont, “Bounding the optimum for the problem of scheduling the photographs of an Agile Earth Observing Satellite,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 307–333, 2010.
- E. Bensana, M. Lemaître, and G. Verfaillie, “Earth observation satellite management,” Constraints, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 293–299, 1999.
- M. Vasquez and J.-K. Hao, “A heuristic approach for antenna positioning in cellular networks,” Journal of Heuristics, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 443–472, 2001.
- A. Dupont, A. C. Linhares, C. Artigues, D. Feillet, P. Michelon, and M. Vasquez, “The dynamic frequency assignment problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 195, no. 1, pp. 75–88, 2009.