- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 342642, 7 pages
Ordering in Two-Dimensional Lennard-Jones Clusters
Experimental Condensed Matter Physics Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700064, India
Received 1 December 2011; Accepted 27 December 2011
Academic Editors: H. D. Hochheimer, L. Pusztai, and V. Stephanovich
Copyright © 2012 Barnana Pal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. G. Garcia and J. M. S. Torroja, “Monte Carlo calculation of argon clusters in homogeneous nucleation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 186–190, 1981.
- S. M. Kathmann and B. N. Hale, “Monte Carlo simulations of small sulfuric acid-water clusters,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 47, pp. 11719–11728, 2001.
- Y. Kataoka and Y. Yamada, “Monte Carlo simulation on the free energy of homogeneous nucleation in the supersaturated Lennard-Jones vapor phase,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 194–197, pp. 207–217, 2002.
- B. N. Hale and D. J. DiMattio, “Scaling of the nucleation rate and a Monte Carlo discrete sum approach to water cluster free energies of formation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 51, pp. 19780–19785, 2004.
- A. Lauri, J. Merikanto, E. Zapadinsky, and H. Vehkamäki, “Comparison of Monte Carlo simulation methods for the calculation of the nucleation barrier of argon,” Atmospheric Research, vol. 82, no. 3-4, pp. 489–502, 2006.
- J. Merikanto, E. Zapadinsky, A. Lauri, and H. Vehkamäki, “Origin of the failure of classical nucleation theory: incorrect description of the smallest clusters,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 14, Article ID 145702, 2007.
- M. Schrader, P. Virnau, and K. Binder, “Simulation of vapor-liquid coexistence in finite volumes: a method to compute the surface free energy of droplets,” Physical Review E, vol. 79, no. 6, Article ID 061104, 2009.
- B. N. Hale and M. Thomason, “Scaled vapor-to-liquid nucleation in a lennard-jones system,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, no. 4, Article ID 046101, 2010.
- S. A. Khrapak, M. Chaudhuri, and G. E. Morfill, “Liquid-solid phase transition in the Lennard-Jones system,” Physical Review B, vol. 82, no. 5, Article ID 052101, 2010.
- E. A. Mastny and J. J. de Pablo, “Melting line of the Lennard-Jones system, infinite size, and full potential,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 127, no. 10, Article ID 104504, 2007.
- H. Okumura and F. Yonezawa, “Liquid-vapor coexistence curves of several interatomic model potentials,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 113, no. 20, pp. 9162–9168, 2000.
- L. Verlet, “Computer "experiments" on classical fluids. I. Thermodynamical properties of Lennard-Jones molecules,” Physical Review, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 98–103, 1967.
- J. A. Barker and D. Henderson, “Perturbation theory and equation of state for fluids. II. A successful theory of liquids,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 4714–4721, 1967.
- J. P. Hansen, “Phase transition of the Lennard-Jones system. II. High-temperature limit,” Physical Review A, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 221–230, 1970.
- J. K. Johnson, J. A. Zollweg, and K. E. Gubbins, “The Lennard-Jones equation of state revisited,” Molecular Physics, vol. 78, pp. 591–618, 1993.
- R. Agrawala and D. A. Kofkea, “Thermodynamic and structural properties of model systems at solid-fluid coexistence II. Melting and sublimation of the Lennard-Jones system,” Molecular Physics, vol. 85, p. 43, 1995.
- F. A. Lindemann, “The calculation of molecular vibration frequencies,” Zeitschrift für Physik, vol. 11, pp. 609–912, 1910.
- A. C. Lawson, D. P. Butt, J. W. Richardson, and J. Li, “Thermal expansion and atomic vibrations of zirconium carbide to 1600 K,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 87, no. 17, pp. 2507–2519, 2007.
- M. Ross, “Generalized Lindemann melting law,” Physical Review, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 233–242, 1969.
- B. Pal, “Relaxation dynamics in small clusters: a modified Monte Carlo approach,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 227, no. 4, pp. 2666–2673, 2008.
- M. N. Saha and B. N. Srivastava, A Treatise on Heat, Indian Press, Allahabad, India, 1958.
- C. Chakravarty, P. G. Debenedetti, and F. H. Stillinger, “Lindemann measures for the solid-liquid phase transition,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 126, no. 20, Article ID 204508, 2007.
- S. N. Luo, A. Strachan, and D. C. Swift, “Vibrational density of states and Lindemann melting law,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 122, no. 19, Article ID 194709, pp. 1–5, 2005.
- F. H. Stillinger and T. A. Weber, “Lindemann melting criterion and the Gaussian core model,” Physical Review B, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 3790–3794, 1980.
- N. D. Mermin, “Crystalline order in two dimensions,” Physical Review, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 250–254, 1968.