- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Communications and Networking
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 941605, 8 pages
Fast Fault Recovery Method with Preestablished Recovery Table for Reliable Wide Area Layer-2 Network
Department of Information and Computer Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
Received 28 June 2011; Accepted 1 August 2011
Academic Editor: M. Listanti
Copyright © 2011 Takashi Kurimoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Fouli and M. Maier, “The road to carrier-grade ethernet,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. S30–S38, 2009.
- IEEE Std 802.1Q, “IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks Virtual Bridged Local Area Network,” 2006, http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1Q-2005.pdf.
- G. Chiruvolu, A. Ge, D. Elie-Dit-Cosaque, M. Ali, and J. Rouyer, “Issues and approaches on extending Ethernet beyond LANs,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 80–86, 2004.
- M. Ali, G. Chiruvolu, and A. Ge, “Traffic engineering in metro ethernet,” IEEE Network, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 10–17, 2005.
- E. Mannie, Ed., “Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Architecture,” IETF RFC 3945, 2004.
- R. Aubin and H. Nasrallah, “MPLS fast reroute and optical mesh protection: a comparative analysis of the capacity required for packet link protection,” in Proceedings of the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN '03), pp. 349–355, Alberta, Canada, October 2003.
- M. Batayneh, B. Mukherjee, D. A. Schupke, M. Hoffmann, and A. Kirstaedter, “Carrier-grade ethernet: etherpath protection vs. Ethertunnel protection,” IEEE Network, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 10–17, 2009.
- S. Ramamurthy and B. Mukherjee, “Survivable WDM mesh networks. Part I-protection,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '99), pp. 744–751, 2, March 1999.
- S. Ramamurthy and B. Mukherjee, “Survivable WDM mesh networks. Part II-restoration,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '99), vol. 2, pp. 2023–2030, March 1999.
- D. Katz, G. Xiao, and T. H. Cheng, “Traffic Engineering (TE) Extensions to OSPF Version2,” RFC3630, 2003.
- D. Oran, “OSI IS-IS Intra-domain Routing Protocol,” RFC 1142, 1990.
- E. Kohler, R. Morris, B. Chen, J. Jannotti, and M. F. Kaashoek, “The click modular router,” ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 263–297, 2000.