Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 914867, 11 pages
Potentiodynamic Polarization Behaviour of Electroless Ni-P-W Coatings
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
Received 23 April 2012; Accepted 29 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Y. El-Etre, A. A. Franco, A. Hermann, C.-H. Hsu, and A. Nahlé
Copyright © 2012 Supriyo Roy and Prasanta Sahoo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. S. N. S. Narayanan, K. Krishnaveni, and S. K. Seshadri, “Electroless Ni-P/Ni-B duplex coatings: preparation and evaluation of microhardness, wear and corrosion resistance,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 771–779, 2003.
- P. Sahoo and S. K. Das, “Tribology of electroless nickel coatings—a review,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1760–1775, 2011.
- R. C. Agarwala and V. Agarwala, “Electroless alloy/composite coatings: a review,” Sadhana, vol. 28, no. 3-4, pp. 475–493, 2003.
- S. K. Das and P. Sahoo, “Study of potentiodynamic polarization behaviour of electroless Ni-B coatings and optimization using Taguchi method and Grey relational analysis,” Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, vol. 10, no. 14, pp. 1307–1327, 2011.
- W. Riedel, Eletroless Nickel Plating, Finishing Publications Ltd, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK, 1991.
- A. Farzaneh, M. Ehteshamzadeh, and M. Mohammadi, “Corrosion performance of the electroless Ni-P coatings prepared in different conditions and optimized by the Taguchi method,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 19–27, 2011.
- A. S. Hamdy, M. A. Shoeib, H. Hady, and O. F. Abdel Salam, “Corrosion behavior of electroless Ni-P alloy coatings containing tungsten or nano-scattered alumina composite in 3.5% NaCl solution,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 162–171, 2007.
- P. Nash, Phase Diagrams of Binary Nickel Alloys, ASM International,, 1991.
- Y. Y. Tsai, F. B. Wu, Y. I. Chen, P. J. Peng, J. G. Duh, and S. Y. Tsai, “Thermal stability and mechanical properties of Ni-W-P electroless deposits,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 146-147, pp. 502–507, 2001.
- Q. Zhao, Y. Liu, H. Müller-Steinhagen, and G. Liu, “Graded Ni-P-PTFE coatings and their potential applications,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 155, no. 2-3, pp. 279–284, 2002.
- F. B. Wu, Y. I. Chen, P. J. Peng, Y. Y. Tsai, and J. G. Duh, “Fabrication, thermal stability and microhardness of sputtered Ni-P-W coating,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 150, no. 2-3, pp. 232–238, 2002.
- M. Palaniappa and S. K. Seshadri, “Friction and wear behavior of electroless Ni-P and Ni-W-P alloy coatings,” Wear, vol. 265, no. 5-6, pp. 735–740, 2008.
- H. Liu, F. Viejo, R. X. Guo, S. Glenday, and Z. Liu, “Microstructure and corrosion performance of laser-annealed electroless Ni-W-P coatings,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 204, no. 9-10, pp. 1549–1555, 2010.
- G. Lu and G. Zangari, “Corrosion resistance of ternary Ni-P based alloys in sulfuric acid solutions,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 47, no. 18, pp. 2969–2979, 2002.
- Y. Gao, Z. J. Zheng, M. Zhu, and C. P. Luo, “Corrosion resistance of electrolessly deposited Ni-P and Ni-W-P alloys with various structures,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 381, no. 1-2, pp. 98–103, 2004.
- K. N. Srinivasan, R. Meenakshi, A. Santhi, P. R. Thangavelu, and S. John, “Studies on development of electroless Ni-B bath for corrosion resistance and wear resistance applications,” Surface Engineering, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 153–158, 2010.
- T. S. N. S. Narayanan and S. K. Seshadri, “Formation and characterization of borohydride reduced electroless nickel deposits,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 365, no. 1-2, pp. 197–205, 2004.
- C. T. Dervos, J. Novakovic, and P. Vassiliou, “Vacuum heat treatment of electroless Ni-B coatings,” Materials Letters, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 619–623, 2004.
- R. K. Roy, A Primer on the Taguchi Method, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Dearborn, Mich, USA, 1990.
- J. Deng, “Introduction to grey system,” Journal of Grey System, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–24, 1989.
- MINITAB Inc., Minitab User Manual, Making Data Analysis Easier, MINITAB Inc., State College, Pa, USA, 2001.