- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 704246, 5 pages
Radiopacity Evaluation of Contemporary Luting Cements by Digitization of Images
1Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, São Paulo State University (UNESP), 14801-903 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
2Department of Restorative Dentistry, Araraquara Dental School, São Paulo State University (UNESP), 14801-903 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
3Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental School of Três Corações, Vale do Rio Verde University (UNINCOR), 37410-000 Três Corações, MG, Brazil
Received 27 June 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editors: F. Cairo, C. Lekic, and J. Walters
Copyright © 2012 José Maurício dos Santos Nunes Reis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Fraga, L. R. L. Luca-Fraga, and L. A. F. Pimenta, “Physical properties of resinous cements: an in vitro study,” Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1064–1067, 2000.
- S. Gu, B. J. Rasimick, A. S. Deutsch, and B. L. Musikant, “Radiopacity of dental materials using a digital X-ray system,” Dental Materials, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 765–770, 2006.
- C. J. Soares, F. R. Santana, R. B. Fonseca, L. R. M. Martins, and F. H. Neto, “In vitro analysis of the radiodensity of indirect composites and ceramic inlay systems and its influence on the detection of cement overhangs,” Clinical Oral Investigations, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 331–336, 2007.
- T. G. Wilson Jr., “The positive relationship between excess cement and peri-implant disease: a prospective clinical endoscopic study,” Journal of Periodontology, vol. 80, no. 9, pp. 1388–1392, 2009.
- H. P. Weber, D. M. Kim, M. W. Ng, J. W. Hwang, and J. P. Fiorellini, “Peri-implant soft-tissue health surrounding cement- and screw-retained implant restorations: a multicenter, 3-year prospective study,” Clinical Oral Implants Research, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 375–379, 2006.
- N. Attar, L. E. Tam, and D. McComb, “Mechanical and physical properties of contemporary dental luting agents,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 127–134, 2003.
- C. Wadhwani, T. Hess, T. Faber, A. Piñeyro, and C. S. K. Chen, “A descriptive study of the radiographic density of implant restorative cements,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 103, no. 5, pp. 295–302, 2010.
- S. T. Eliasson and B. Haasken, “Radiopacity of impression materials,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 485–491, 1979.
- M. Tanomaru-Filho, E. G. Jorge, J. M. G. Tanomaru, and M. Gonçalves, “Evaluation of the radiopacity of calcium hydroxide- and glass-ionomer-based root canal sealers,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 50–53, 2008.
- A. T. Hara, M. C. Serra, and A. L. Rodrigues Júnior, “Radiopacity of glass-ionomer/composite resin hybrid materials,” Brazilian Dental Journal, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 85–89, 2001.
- O. El-Mowafy, “The use of resin cements in restorative dentistry to overcome retention problems,” Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 97–102, 2001.
- A. M. Diaz-Arnold, M. A. Vargas, and D. R. Haselton, “Current status of luting agents for fixed prosthodontics.,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 135–141, 1999.
- W. L. Kydd, J. I. Nicholls, G. Harrington, and M. Freeman, “Marginal leakage of cast gold crowns luted with zinc phosphate cement: an in vivo study,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 9–13, 1996.
- L. Jahangiri, C. Agosta, and D. Estafan, “Evaluation of the marginal seal of CEREC 3D restorations using two different luting agents,” General Dentistry, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 117–120, 2007.
- D. C. Watts, “Radiopacity vs. composition of some barium and strontium glass composites,” Journal of Dentistry, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 38–43, 1987.
- S. N. White, Z. Yu, and V. Kipnis, “Effect of seating force on film thickness of new adhesive luting agents,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 476–481, 1992.
- J. P. Freno Jr., “Guidelines for using posts in the restoration of endodontically treated teeth,” General Dentistry, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 474–482, 1998.
- M. H. M. Rubo and O. El-Mowafy, “Radiopacity of dual-cured and chemical-cured resin-based cements,” International Journal of Prosthodontics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 70–74, 1998.
- International Organization for Standardization, Dentistry—Polymer-based filling, restorative and luting materials, ISO 4049, Geneva, Switzerland, 3rd edition, 2000.
- W. W. Johnson, V. B. Dhuru, and W. A. Brantley, “Composite microfiller content and its effect on fracture toughness and diametral tensile strength,” Dental Materials, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 95–98, 1993.
- G. Willems, P. Lambrechts, M. Braem, and G. Vanherle, “Composite resins in the 21st century,” Quintessence International, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 641–658, 1993.
- F. Lutz and I. Krejci, “Amalgam substitutes: a critical analysis,” Journal of Esthetic Dentistry, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 146–159, 2000.
- A. Young, F. R. Von Der Fehr, T. Sønju, and H. Nordbø, “Fluoride release and uptake in vitro from a composite resin and two orthodontic adhesives,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 223–228, 1996.
- M. Taira, H. Toyooka, H. Miyawaki, and M. Yamaki, “Studies on radiopaque composites containing ZrO2SiO2 fillers prepared by the sol-gel process,” Dental Materials, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 167–171, 1993.
- J. A. Williams and R. W. Billington, “The radiopacity of glass ionomer dental materials,” Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 245–248, 1990.