- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 809409, 5 pages
Neoadjuvant Use of Photodynamic Therapy in Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinomas of the Face
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, N6A 5W9, Canada
Received 31 January 2011; Accepted 8 April 2011
Academic Editor: M. Alaibac
Copyright © 2011 Goran Jeremic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Canadian Cancer Society, National Cancer Institute of Canada Canadian cancer statistics 2005, Toronto 2005.
- B. Krammer, Z. Malik, R. Pottier, and H. Stepp, Photodynamic Therapy with ALA: A Clinical Handbook, Royal Society of Chemistry, London, UK, 2006.
- T. Patrice, Photodynamic Therapy, vol. 2 of Comprehensive Series in Photochemistry and Photobiology, Royal Society of Chemistry, London, UK, 2003.
- R. M. Szeimies, S. Karrer, C. Abels, et al., “Photodynamic therapy in dermatology,” in Dermatological Phototherapy and Photodiagnostic Methods, J. Krutmann, H. Honigsmann, C. A. Elmets, and P. R. Bergstresser, Eds., pp. 209–247, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2001.
- N. H. Cox, D. J. Eedy, and C. A. Morton, “Therapy guidelines and audit subcommittee, British Association of Dermatologists. Guidelines for management of Bowen's disease: 2006 update,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 11–21, 2007.
- G. Moreno, A. L. K. Chia, A. Lim, and S. Shumack, “Therapeutic options for Bowen's disease,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2007.
- A. Hu, C. Moore, E. Yu, et al., “Patient satisfaction with photodynamic therapy for Bowen's disease: development of an outcome scale,” Journal of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 30, 2010.
- C. A. Morton, S. B. Brown, S. Collins et al., “Guidelines for topical photodynamic therapy: report of a workshop of the British Photodermatology Group,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 146, no. 4, pp. 552–567, 2002.
- S. B. Brown, E. A. Brown, and I. Walker, “The present and future role of photodynamic therapy in cancer treatment,” Lancet Oncology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 497–508, 2004.
- T. Oguz Acartürk and H. Edington, “Nonmelanoma skin cancer,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 237–248, 2005.
- R. M. Szeimies, C. A. Morton, A. Sidoroff, and L. R. Braathen, “Photodynamic therapy for non-melanoma skin cancer,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 483–490, 2005.
- D. I. M. Kuijpers, N. W. J. Smeets, G. A. M. Krekels, and M. R. T. M. Thissen, “Photodynamic therapy as adjuvant treatment of extensive basal cell carcinoma treated with Mohs micrographic surgery,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 794–798, 2004.
- M. B. Ericson, C. Sandberg, F. Gudmundson, A. Rosén, O. Larkö, and A. M. Wennberg, “Fluorescence contrast and threshold limit: implications for photodynamic diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 121–127, 2003.
- R. Na, I. M. Stender, and H. C. Wulf, “Can autofluorescence demarcate basal cell carcinoma from normal skin? A comparison with protoporphyrin IX fluorescence,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 246–249, 2001.
- M. G. Brandt, C. C. Moore, and K. Jordan, “Randomized control trial of fluorescence-guided surgical excision of nonmelanotic cutaneous malignancies,” Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 148–155, 2007.
- P. G. Calzavara-Pinton, “Repetitive photodynamic therapy with topical δ-aminolaevulinic acid as an appropriate approach to the routine treatment of superficial non-melanoma skin tumours,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 53–57, 1995.
- C. S. Souza, L. B. A. Felicio, J. Ferreira et al., “Long-term follow-up of topical 5-aminolaevulinic acid photodynamic therapy diode laser single session for non-melanoma skin cancer,” Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, vol. 6, no. 3-4, pp. 207–213, 2009.
- A. Sidoroff and P. Thaler, “Taking treatment decisions in non-melanoma skin cancer-the place for topical photodynamic therapy (PDT),” Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 2010.
- A. M. Wennberg, “Pain, pain relief and other practical issues in photodynamic therapy,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 46, supplement 1, pp. S3–S4, 2005.
- S. Grapengiesser, F. Gudmundsson, O. Larkö, M. Ericson, A. Rosén, and A. M. Wennberg, “Pain caused by photodynamic therapy of skin cancer,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 493–497, 2002.
- Z. Apalla, E. Sotiriou, E. Chovarda, I. Lefaki, D. Devliotou-Panagiotidou, and D. Ioannides, “Skin cancer: preventive photodynamic therapy in patients with face and scalp cancerization. A randomized placebo-controlled study,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 171–175, 2010.