- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 163929, 3 pages
Treatment of Plane Warts with a Low-Dose Oral Isotretinoin
1Department of Dermatology and Venereology, College of Medicine, University of Baghdad, Medical Collection Office, P.O. Box 61211, Baghdad 12114, Iraq
2Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Baghdad Teaching Hospital, Medical City, Baghdad, Iraq
Received 22 September 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editors: A. Ingber and A. Zalewska
Copyright © 2012 Hayder R. Al-Hamamy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Sterling, “Virus infections,” in Rook's Textbook of Dermatology, T. Burns, N. Cox, C. Griffiths, and S. Breathnach, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 25.39–31.59, Blackwell Science Ltd, Oxford, UK, 7th edition, 2004.
- E. P. Kubeyinje, “Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of 0.05% tretinoin cream in the treatment of plane warts in Arab children,” Journal of Dermatological Treatment, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 21–22, 1996.
- R. A. Schwab and D. M. Elston, “Topical imiquimod for recalcitrant facial flat warts,” Cutis, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 160–162, 2000.
- S. Lee, J.-G. Kim, and S. I. Chun, “Treatment of verruca plana with 5% 5-Fluorouracil ointment,” Dermatologica, vol. 160, no. 6, pp. 383–389, 1980.
- M. Akyol and S. Özçelik, “Non-acne dermatologic indications for systemic isotretinoin,” American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 175–184, 2005.
- E. Weisshaar, H. J. Neumann, and H. Gollnick, “Successful treatment of disseminated facial verrucae with contact immunotherapy,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 488–491, 1998.
- S. Georgala, A. C. Katoulis, C. Georgala, E. Bozi, and A. Mortakis, “Oral isotretinoin in the treatment of recalcitrant condylomata acuminata of the cervix: a randomised placebo controlled trial,” Sexually Transmitted Infections, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 216–218, 2004.
- J. Boyle, D. C. Dick, and R. M. MacKie, “Treatment of extensive virus warts with etretinate (Tigason) in a patient with sarcoidosis,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 33–36, 1983.
- A. M. Layton and W. J. Cunliffe, “Guidelines for optimal use of isotretinoin in acne,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. S2–S7, 1992.
- K. Sardana, V. K. Garg, V. N. Sehgal, S. Mahajan, and P. Bhushan, “Efficacy of fixed low-dose isotretinoin (20 mg, alternate days) with topical clindamycin gel in moderately severe acne vulgaris,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 556–560, 2009.
- K. Sardana and V. Garg, “Efficacy of low-dose isotretinoin in acne vulgaris,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 7–13, 2010.
- T. P. Habif, “Warts, herpes simplex, and other viral infections,” in Clinical DermaTology. A Color Guide To Diagnosis and Therapy, vol. 12, pp. 368–408, Mosby, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2004.
- G. Nishimura, H. Mugishima, J. Hirao, and M. Yamato, “Generalized metaphyseal modification with cone-shaped epiphyses following long-term administration of 13-cis-retinoic acid,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 156, no. 6, pp. 432–435, 1997.
- L. M. Milstone, J. McGuire, and R. C. Ablow, “Premature epiphyseal closure in a child receiving oral 13-cis-retinoic acid,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 663–666, 1982.
- H. S. Park and W. S. Choi, “Pulsed dye laser treatment for viral warts: a study of 120 patients,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 491–498, 2008.