ISRN Discrete Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 583671, 8 pages
Median Sets and Median Number of a Graph
Department of Computer Applications, Cochin University of Science and Technology, India
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editors: H. Deng and P. Lam
Copyright © 2012 R. Ram Kumar and B. Kannan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Leclerc, “The median procedure in the semilattice of orders,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 285–302, 2003.
- S. P. Avann, “Metric ternary distributive semi-lattices,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 12, pp. 407–414, 1961.
- H. M. Mulder and A. Schrijver, “Median graphs and Helly hypergraphs,” Discrete Mathematics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 41–50, 1979.
- H. M. Mulder, The Interval Function of a Graph, Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1990.
- Hans-J. Bandelt and J. Hedlíková, “Median algebras,” Discrete Mathematics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 1983.
- W. Imrich and S. Klavžar, Product Graphs, Wiley-Interscience Series in Discrete Mathematics and Optimization, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- W. Imrich, S. Klavžar, and D. F. Rall, Topics in Graph Theory, A K Peters, Wellesley, Mass, USA, 2008.
- E. Erkut, “Inequality measures for location problems,” Location Science, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 199–217, 1993.
- F. R. McMorris, H. M. Mulder, and F. S. Roberts, “The median procedure on median graphs,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 84, no. 1–3, pp. 165–181, 1998.
- H.-J. Bandelt and J.-P. Barthélémy, “Medians in median graphs,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 131–142, 1984.
- K. Balakrishnan, Algorithms for median computation in Median graphs and their generalisation using consensus strategies [Ph.D. thesis], University of Kerala, 2006.
- H.-J. Bandelt and V. Chepoi, “Graphs with connected medians,” SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 268–282, 2002.
- H. M. Mulder, “The majority strategy on graphs,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 97–105, 1997.
- J.-P. Barthélémy and B. Monjardet, “The median procedure in cluster analysis and social choice theory,” Mathematical Social Sciences, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 235–267, 1981.