Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 619602, 9 pages
Unemployment in Greece: Econometric Evidence after the Athens 2004 Olympics and before the Global Financial Crisis of 2007–2009
Department of Social and Policy Sciences, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Received 4 September 2012; Accepted 21 September 2012
Academic Editors: D. M. Hanink, B. M. Tabak, and E. Yeldan
Copyright © 2012 Stavros Rodokanakis. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Meghir, Y. Ioannides, and C. Pissarides, “Female participation and male unemployment duration in Greece. Evidence from the labour force survey,” European Economic Review, vol. 33, no. 2-3, pp. 395–406, 1989.
- OECD, Employment Outlook, OECD, Paris, France, 1990.
- N. Iliades, “Continuing vocational training in Greece,” National Report (in the Context of FORCE), National Institute of Labour, 1995.
- IN.E./GSEE (Institute of Labour/General Confederation of Workers of Greece)—ADEDY (Civil Servants’ Supreme Administrative Council), “The Greek economy and the employment,” Annual Report 1, Athens, Ga, USA, 1999 (in Greek).
- Ch. Katsikas, Studies-Vocation and Labour Market, Atrapos Publishing, Athens, Ga, USA, 2005.
- E. L. Ioakimoglou, “The macro-economic policy and the unemployment,” in Unemployment, Economic Policy and Employment Policies, Notebooks of IN.E no. 4, pp. 7–25, IN.E./GSEE, Athens, Ga, USA, 1995.
- EUROSTAT, “Unemployment in the EU,” No. 7, 1997.
- IN.E./GSEE-ADEDY, “The Greek economy and the employment,” Annual Report 2, Athens, Ga, USA, 2000 (in Greek).
- ESYE (National Statistical Service of Greece, 1988–2006), “Statistical Yearbook and Labour Force Survey”.
- ESYE, http://www.statistics.gr.
- IMF, World Economic Outlook Database, 2009.
- OECD, OECD Economic Surveys: Greece 2007, OECD, Paris, France, 2007.
- OECD, OECD Economic Surveys: Greece 2005, OECD, Paris, France, 2005.
- M. Negreponti-Delivani, The Economy of Black Economy in Greece, Papazisis Publishers, Athens, Ga, USA, 1990.
- I. Vavouras, N. Karavitis, and A. Tsouchlou, “The consequences of economic activity of public sector to the development of the underground economy: the case of Greece,” Studies in Honour of Prof. A. Kanellopoulos, Spoudai, University of Piraeus, Piraeus, Greece, vol. A, pp. 90–99, 1992 .
- University of Linz, “Study on the informal economy in OECD countries during the period 1999–2000 (the results were announced by the European Commission in Brussels,” 2001.
- N. Tatsos, Shadow Economy and Tax Evasion in Greece, IOVE, Papazisis Publishers, Athens, Ga, USA, 2001.
- I. Paleologos and G. Kassar, “Assessment of the size of shadow economy in Greece 1960–2000,” Spoudai, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 14–36, 2003.
- S. Rodokanakis, “Investigating the unemployment risk of Central Macedonia in Greece from the LFS individual anonymised records,” The Empirical Economics Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 35–43, 2009.
- S. Rodokanakis, “Comparing the probability of unemployment in Southern Greece vis-à-vis the entire country,” Bulletin of Geography, vol. 12, pp. 17–43, 2009.
- S. Rodokanakis and D. Tryfonidis, “Unemployment hazard in the Aegean islands: econometric analysis of the LFS micro-data,” in The Global Economics of a Changing Environment: Studies in the Structure, Performance and Reform of Economics, Organizations and Business throughout the Globe, J. A. Brox and N. Baltas, Eds., chapter 14, pp. 211–224, North Waterloo Academic Press, Waterloo, Canada, 2009.
- S. Rodokanakis, “The dynamics of regional labour markets and training programmes: Greek evidence,” European Spatial Research and Policy, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 93–115, 2010.
- S. Rodokanakis and V. Vlachos, “Assessing the probability of employment in Greece between the 2004 Olympics and the global financial crisis: the cases of the Northern Aegean and Ionian islands,” International Journal of Employment Studies. In press.
- S. Rodokanakis and V. Vlachos, “Measuring the unemployment risk in Northern Greece from the LFS micro-data during the period 1994–2006,” The Review of Economic Analysis. In press.