- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 757489, 12 pages
Algebraic Characterization of Isometries of the Hyperbolic 4-Space
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali, Knowledge City, SAS Nagar, Sector 81, P.O. Mohali 140306, India
Received 20 November 2011; Accepted 8 December 2011
Academic Editor: S. Hernández
Copyright © 2012 Krishnendu Gongopadhyay. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. F. Beardon, The Geometry of Discrete Groups, vol. 91 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- K. Gongopadhyay and R. S. Kulkarni, “z-classes of isometries of the hyperbolic space,” Conformal Geometry and Dynamics, vol. 13, pp. 91–109, 2009.
- L. V. Ahlfors, “Möbius transformations and Clifford numbers,” in Differential Geometry and Complex Analysis, pp. 65–73, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1985.
- P. L. Waterman, “Möbius transformations in several dimensions,” Advances in Mathematics, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 87–113, 1993.
- M. Wada, “Conjugacy invariants of Möbius transformations,” Complex Variables. Theory and Application, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 125–133, 1990.
- W. Cao, J. R. Parker, and X. Wang, “On the classification of quaternionic Möbius transformations,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 349–361, 2004.
- J. R. Parker and I. Short, “Conjugacy classification of quaternionic Möbius transformations,” Computational Methods and Function Theory, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2009.
- K. Gongopadhyay, “Algebraic characterization of the isometries of the hyperbolic 5-space,” Geometriae Dedicata, vol. 144, pp. 157–170, 2010.
- W. Cao, “On the classification of four-dimensional Möbius transformations,” Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society. Series II, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 49–62, 2007.
- B. Foreman, “Conjugacy invariants of ,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 381, pp. 25–35, 2004.
- T. Kido, “Möbius transformations on quaternions,” Tohoku Mathematical Journal. In press.
- R. S. Kulkarni, “Dynamical types and conjugacy classes of centralizers in groups,” Journal of the Ramanujan Mathematical Society, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 35–56, 2007.
- W. Cao and K. Gongopadhyay, “Algebraic characterization of isometries of the complex and the quaternionic hyperbolic planes,” Geometriae Dedicata, pp. 1–17, 2011.
- R. S. Kulkarni, “Dynamics of linear and affine maps,” Asian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 321–343, 2008.
- F. Zhang, “Quaternions and matrices of quaternions,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 251, pp. 21–57, 1997.