- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 937585, 5 pages
Implications of Weight and Body Mass Index for Plasma Donation and Health
1Johns Hopkins Hospital, Carnegie 415, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
2Clinical Monitoring Research Program, SAIC-Frederick Inc., Frederick, MD 21702, USA
3National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH) Building 10, 8N234-C 10 Center Dr., MSC 1763, Bethesda, MD 20892-1763, USA
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 20 October 2012
Academic Editors: S. Daenen and J. M. Moraleda
Copyright © 2012 Genna A. Jerrard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Center for Biologics and Evaluation and Research, Volume Limits For Automated Collection of Source Plasma, Memorandum, 1992.
- T. H. Carson, Ed., Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, American Association of Blood Banks, Bethesda, Md, USA, 27th edition, 2011.
- MD: AABB and Director, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Revision of FDA Memorandum of August 27, 1982: Requirements For Infrequent Plasmapheresis Donors, Memorandum, 2011.
- CDC Office of Surveillance and Epidemiology and Laboratory Services, Overweight and Obesity (BMI): Baltimore-Towson, MD Metropolitan Statistical Area, Atlanta, 2010.
- K. M. Flegal, M. D. Carroll, C. L. Ogden, and L. R. Curtin, “Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999–2008,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 303, no. 3, pp. 235–241, 2010.
- S. Doll, F. Paccaud, P. Bovet, M. Burnier, and V. Wietlisbach, “Body mass index, abdominal adiposity and blood pressure: consistency of their association across developing and developed countries,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 48–57, 2002.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults, the Evidence Report, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Md, USA, 1998.
- K. M. Flegal, J. A. Shepherd, A. C. Looker et al., “Comparisons of percentage body fat, body mass index, waist circumference, and waist-stature ratio in adults,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 500–508, 2009.
- J. R. Fernández, M. Heo, S. B. Heymsfield et al., “Is percentage body fat differentially related to body mass index in Hispanic Americans, African Americans, and European Americans?” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 2003.
- M. Rahman, J. R. Temple, C. R. Breitkopf, and A. B. Berenson, “Racial differences in body fat distribution among reproductive-aged women,” Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 1329–1337, 2009.