- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 853470, 29 pages
An Overview of the Immunological Defenses in Fish Skin
Fish Innate Immune System Group, Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, Regional Campus of International Excellence “Campus Mare Nostrum”, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bensussan, E. Flaño, J. D. Hayball, and P. Puccetti
Copyright © 2012 María Ángeles Esteban. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E.P. Scott Weber, “Itchy Fish and Viral Dermatopathies,” Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 687–703, 2013.
- A. Lü, X. Hu, Y. Wang, Q. Ming, A. Zhu, L. Shen, and Z. Feng, “ Proteomic analysis of differential protein expression in the skin of zebrafish [ Danio rerio (Hamilton, 122)] infected with Aeromonas hydrophila ,” Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2013.
- Wenjing Wang, Yubang Shen, Narayan Prasad Pandit, and Jiale Li, “Molecular cloning, characterization and immunological response analysis of Toll-like receptor 21 (TLR21) gene in grass carp, Ctenopharyngodon idella,” Developmental & Comparative Immunology, vol. 40, no. 3-4, pp. 227–231, 2013.
- Narayan Prasad Pandit, Yubang Shen, Wenjing Wang, Yong Chen, and Jiale Li, “Identification of TNF13b (BAFF) gene from grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) and its immune response to bacteria and virus,” Developmental & Comparative Immunology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 460–464, 2013.
- Daniela Gomez, J. Oriol Sunyer, and Irene Salinas, “The mucosal immune system of fish: The evolution of tolerating commensals while fighting pathogens,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2013.
- Binoy Rajan, Jep Lokesh, Viswanath Kiron, and Monica F Brinchmann, “Differentially expressed proteins in the skin mucus of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) upon natural infection with Vibrio anguillarum,” BMC Veterinary Research, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 103, 2013.