- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 270987, 7 pages
New Polymeric Admixture for Cement Based on Hyperbranched Poly Amide-Ester with Pentaerythritol Core
1Polymers and Pigments Department, National Research Center, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
2Organic Chemistry Department, Menoufiya University, Shebin El-Kom, Egypt
3Petroleum Application Department, Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute, Nasr City, Cairo 11727, Egypt
4Department of Refractories, Ceramics and Building Materials, National Research Center, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Received 17 March 2013; Accepted 14 April 2013
Academic Editors: Y. Hiraoka, Y. Nakayama, and J. Provis
Copyright © 2013 Amal Amin Ibrahim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Wang, S. Tateyama, D. Kaneko, S. Ohki, and T. Kaneko, “Synthesis of well-defined hyperbranched polymers bio-based on multifunctional phenolic acids and their structure-thermal property relationships,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 96, no. 12, pp. 2048–2054, 2011.
- M. Fischer and F. Vögtle, “Dendrimers: from design to application—a progress report,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 38, pp. 884–905, 1999.
- Y. Bao, J. He, and Y. Li, “Synthesis of novel hyperbranched poly(ester-amide)s based on acidic and basic amino acids via “AD + CBB” couple-monomer approach,” Polymer, vol. 53, pp. 145–152, 2012.
- Z. Li, W. Wu, C. Ye, J. Qin, and Z. Li, “New main-chain hyperbranched polymers: facile synthesis, structural control, and second-order nonlinear optical properties,” Polymer, vol. 53, pp. 153–160, 2012.
- T. Wang, M. Li, H. Gao, and Y. Wu, “Nanoparticle carriers based on copolymers of poly(ε-caprolactone) and hyperbranched polymers for drug delivery,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 353, no. 1, pp. 107–115, 2011.
- S. S. Mahapatra, S. K. Yadav, and J. W. Cho, “Nanostructured hyperbranched polyurethane elastomer hybrids that incorporate polyhedral oligosilsesquioxane,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 72, pp. 227–232, 2012.
- J. M. J. Fréchet, “Functional polymers and dendrimers: reactivity, molecular architecture, and interfacial energy,” Science, vol. 263, no. 5154, pp. 1710–1715, 1994.
- B. I. Voit, “Dendritic polymers: from aesthetic macromolecules to commercially interesting materials,” Acta Polymerica, vol. 46, pp. 87–99, 1995.
- K. M. Lee, J. W. Woo, B. C. Jee et al., “Effect of cross-linking agent and heteropolyacid (HPA) contents on physicochemical characteristics of covalently cross-linked sulfonated poly(ether ether ketone)/HPAs composite membranes for water electrolysis,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 17, p. 657, 2011.
- S. Y. Jang and S. H. Han, “Preparation of high styrenic sulfonated polySEPS/clay composite film for proton exchange membranes (PEMs),” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1280–1285, 2012.
- D. J. Kim, H. Y. Hwang, S. B. Jung, and S. Y. Nam, “Sulfonated poly(arylene ether sulfone)/Laponite-SO3H composite membrane for direct methanol fuel cell,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 18, p. 556, 2012.
- S. Kwon, H. Kim, J. W. Ha, and S. Y. Lee, “Prevention of protein and polymeric nanoparticles adsorption using perfluoropolyether,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 259–263, 2011.
- M. Ramli and A. A. Tabassi, “Effects of polymer modification on the permeability of cement mortars under different curing conditions: a correlational study that includes pore distributions, water absorption and compressive strength,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 28, pp. 561–570, 2012.
- F. Pacheco-Torgal, Abdollahnejad, A. F. A. Camões, M. Jamshidi, and Y. Ding, “Durability of alkali-activated binders: a clear advantage over Portland cement or an unproven issue?” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 30, pp. 400–405, 2012.
- Y. Ohama, “Polymer-based admixtures,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 20, no. 2-3, pp. 189–212, 1998.
- F. M. Kılınçkale and G. G. Dogan, “Performance of concretes produced with superplasticizer,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 103, pp. 3214–3219, 2006.
- A. Kapelko, “The possibility of adjusting concrete mixtures “fluidity by means of super plasticizer SNF”,” in Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 6th edition, 2006.
- I. Papayianni, G. Tsohos, N. Oikonomou, and P. Mavria, “Influence of superplasticizer type and mix design parameters on the performance of them in concrete mixtures,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 217–222, 2005.
- D. W. Fowler, “Polymers in concrete: a vision for the 21st century,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 21, no. 5-6, pp. 449–452, 1999.
- B. Chatveera and P. Lertwattanaruk, “Evaluation of sulfate resistance of cement mortars containing black rice husk ash,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 1435–1441, 2009.
- U. S. Yilmaza and H. Turken, “The effects of various curing materials on the compressive strength characteristic of the concretes produced with multiple chemical admixtures,” Scientia Iranica A, vol. 19, pp. 77–83, 2012.
- A. Amin, H. H. M. Darweesh, S. M. M. Morsi, and M. M. H. Ayoub, “Effect of phthalic anhydride-based hyperbranched polyesteramide on cement characteristics,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 3054–3064, 2011.
- ASTM C 187-86, American Standard Test Method, 1993.
- STM C 191-92, American Standard Test Method, 1993.
- STM C 191, Standard Test Methods for Time of Setting of Hydraulic Cement by Vicat Needle, 2008.
- ASTM C 170-90, American Standard Test Method, 1993.
- P. C. Hewlett, Lea's Chemistry of Cement and Concrete, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1998.
- C. Qing-Hua, C. Rong-Guo, X. Li-Ren, Q. Qing-Rong, and Z. Wen-Gong, “Hyperbranched poly(amide-ester) mildly synthesized and its characterization,” Jiegou Huaxue, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 877–883, 2008.
- S. Hanehara and K. Yamada, “Interaction between cement and chemical admixture from the point of cement hydration, absorption behaviour of admixture, and paste rheology,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1159–1165, 1999.
- E. Knapen and D. Van Gemert, “Cement hydration and microstructure formation in the presence of water-soluble polymers,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 6–13, 2009.
- M. M. H. Ayoub, H. E. Nasr, and H. H. M. Darweesh, “Characterization and utilization of polystyrene and polyacrylamide-graft-methoxypolyethylene as cement admixtures,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1307–1315, 2006.