- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 320370, 4 pages
Behaviour of NiTi SMA Helical Springs under Different Temperatures and Deflections
1Defence Research and Development Laboratory, Hyderabad 500 058, India
2Department of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras, Chennai 600 036, India
Received 21 May 2013; Accepted 11 June 2013
Academic Editors: Y. Ge, K. Hokamoto, V. Ji, and P. Karjalainen
Copyright © 2013 R. Santhanam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wagner, T. Sawaguchi, G. Kaustrater, D. Hoffken, and G. Eggeler, “Structural fatigue of pseudoelastic NiTi shape memory wires,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 378, no. 1-2, pp. 105–109, 2004.
- H. Tobushi, T. Hachisuka, S. Yamada, and P.-H. Lin, “Rotating-bending fatigue of a TiNi shape-memory alloy wire,” Mechanics of Materials, vol. 26, pp. 35–42, 1997.
- G. Eggeler, E. Hornbogen, A. Yawny, A. Heckmann, and M. Wagner, “Structural and functional fatigue of NiTi shape memory alloys,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 378, no. 1-2, pp. 24–33, 2004.
- D. C. Lagoudas, P. B. Entchev, and P. K. Kumar, “Thermomechanical characterization of SMA actuators under cyclic loading,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress, Washington, DC, USA, November 2003.
- H. J. Lee and J. J. Lee, “Evaluation of the characteristics of a shape memory alloy spring actuator,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 817–823, 2000.
- R. A. A. Aguiar, M. A. Savi, and P. M. C. L. Pacheco, “Experimental and numerical investigations of shape memory alloy helical springs,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 025008, 9 pages, 2010.