- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 428624, 12 pages
Modeling Bistable Composite Laminates for Piezoelectric Morphing Structures
Smart Materials Research Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
Received 22 January 2013; Accepted 17 February 2013
Academic Editors: L. Chang and V. Sglavo
Copyright © 2013 Darryl V. Murray and Oliver J. Myers. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Jones, Mechanics of Composite Materials, Taylor and Francis Group, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- M. R. Wisnom, M. Gigliotti, N. Ersoy, M. Campbell, and K. D. Potter, “Mechanisms generating residual stresses and distortion during manufacture of polymer-matrix composite structures,” Composites A, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 522–529, 2006.
- M. W. Hyer, “Calculations of the room temperature shapes of unsymmetric laminates,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 15, pp. 296–310, 1981.
- M. L. Dano and M. W. Hyer, “Snap-through of unsymmetric fiber-reinforced composite laminates,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 175–198, 2001.
- M. L. Dano and M. W. Hyer, “Thermally-induced deformation behavior of unsymmetric laminates,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 35, no. 17, pp. 2101–2120, 1998.
- M. Schlecht, K. Schulte, and M. W. Hyer, “Advanced calculation of the room-temperature shapes of thin unsymmetric composite laminates,” Composite Structures, vol. 32, no. 1-4, pp. 627–633, 1995.
- M. R. Schultz, M. W. Hyer, R. Brett Williams, W. Keats Wilkie, and D. J. Inman, “Snap-through of unsymmetric laminates using piezocomposite actuators,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 66, no. 14, pp. 2442–2448, 2006.
- J. F. Nye, Physical Properties of Crystals: Their Representation By Tensors and Matrices, Oxford Science Publications, 1985.
- “MFC Brochure,” 1990 Main Street, Suite 750, Sarasota, Fla, USA, 34236, 2010.
- D. J. Leo, Engineering Analysis of Smart Material Systems, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2007.
- COMSOL Multi-physics 3.5a, Structural Mechanics Module User's Guide, 2008.