- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 547608, 9 pages
A Model for the Stability of a TiO2 Dispersion
Departamento de Ciencias Naturales, DCNI, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Unidad Cuajimalpa,
Avenida Pedro Antonio de los Santos 84, 11850 México, DF, Mexico
Received 11 June 2013; Accepted 15 July 2013
Academic Editors: F. M. Labajos, T. Matsumoto, and M. Saitou
Copyright © 2013 Armando Gama Goicochea. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. H. Napper, Polymeric Stabilization of Colloidal Dispersions, Academic Press, London, UK, 1983.
- J. N. Israelachvili, Intermolecular and Surface Forces, Academic, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1992.
- S. Farrokhpay, G. E. Morris, D. Fornasiero, and P. Self, “Effects of chemical functional groups on the polymer adsorption behavior onto titania pigment particles,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 274, no. 1, pp. 33–40, 2004.
- E. B. Zhulina, O. V. Borisov, and V. A. Priamitsyn, “Theory of steric stabilization of colloid dispersions by grafted polymers,” Journal of Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 495–511, 1990.
- J. M. H. M. Scheutjens and G. J. Fleer, “Interaction between two adsorbed polymer layers,” Macromolecules, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1882–1900, 1985.
- F. Alarcón, E. Pérez, and A. Gama Goicochea, “Dissipative particle dynamics simulations of weak polyelectrolyte adsorption on charged and neutral surfaces as a function of the degree of ionization,” Soft Matter, vol. 9, pp. 3777–3788, 2013.
- P. G. de Gennes, Scaling Concepts in Polymer Physics, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1979.
- H. Watanabe and M. Tirell, “Measurement of forces in symmetric and asymmetric interactions between diblock copolymer layers adsorbed on mica,” Macromolecules, vol. 26, no. 24, pp. 6455–6466, 1993.
- R. Correa and B. Saramago, “On the calculation of disjoining pressure isotherms for nonaqueous films,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 270, no. 2, pp. 426–435, 2004.
- M. P. Allen and D. J. Tildesley, Computer Simulation of Liquids, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1987.
- A. Gama Goicochea and M. Briseño, “Application of molecular dynamics computer simulations to evaluate polymer-solvent interactions,” Journal of Coatings Technology and Research, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 279–286, 2012.
- A. Gama Goicochea, “Adsorption and disjoining pressure isotherms of confined polymers using dissipative particle dynamics,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 23, pp. 11656–11663, 2007.
- M. Daoud and C. E. Williams, Eds., Soft Matter Physics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1999.
- S. Croll, “DLVO theory applied to TiO2 pigments and other materials in latex paints,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 131–146, 2002.
- S. Farrokhpay, “A review of polymeric dispersant stabilisation of titania pigment,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 151, no. 1-2, pp. 24–32, 2009.
- H. Löwen, J. Hansen, P. A. Madden, et al., “Nonlinear counterion screening in colloidal suspensions,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 98, no. 4, p. 3275, 1993.
- V. Morales, J. A. Anta, and S. Lago, “Integral equation prediction of reversible coagulation in charged colloidal suspensions,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 475–482, 2003.
- M. Dijkstra, “Computer simulations of charge and steric stabilised colloidal suspensions,” Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 372–382, 2001.
- C. Sagui, A. M. Somoza, and R. C. Desai, “Spinodal decomposition in an order-disorder phase transition with elastic fields,” Physical Review E, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 4865–4879, 1994.
- S. Sengupta, D. Marx, P. Nielaba, and K. Binder, “Phase diagram of a model anticlustering binary mixture in two dimensions: a semi-grand-canonical Monte Carlo study,” Physical Review E, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 1468–1477, 1994.