- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 978031, 5 pages
Optimum Rotation Speed for the Friction Stir Welding of Pure Copper
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Nils Koppels Allé, 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
2Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Received 24 June 2013; Accepted 14 July 2013
Academic Editors: S. Kirihara and S. Li
Copyright © 2013 Masoud Jabbari and Cem C. Tutum. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. M. Xie, Z. Y. Ma, and L. Geng, “Development of a fine-grained microstructure and the properties of a nugget zone in friction stir welded pure copper,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 73–76, 2007.
- R. S. Mishra and Z. Y. Ma, “Friction stir welding and processing,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 1–78, 2005.
- A. Polar and J. E. Indacochea, “Microstructural assessment of copper friction stir welds,” Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 0310121–0310127, 2009.
- W. Lee and S. Jung, “The joint properties of copper by friction stir welding,” Materials Letters, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1041–1046, 2004.
- M. W. Mahoney, C. G. Rhodes, J. G. Flintoff, R. A. Spurling, and W. H. Bingel, “Properties of friction-stir-welded 7075 T651 aluminum,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1955–1964, 1998.
- C. G. Rhodes, M. W. Mahoney, W. H. Bingel, R. A. Spurling, and C. C. Bampton, “Effects of friction stir welding on microstructure of 7075 aluminum,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 69–75, 1997.
- G. Liu, L. E. Murr, C.-S. Niou, J. C. McClure, and F. R. Vega, “Microstructural aspects of the friction-stir welding of 6061-T6 aluminum,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 355–361, 1997.
- P. Xue, G. M. Xie, B. L. Xiao, Z. Y. Ma, and L. Geng, “Effect of heat input conditions on microstructure and mechanical properties of friction-stir-welded pure copper,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 2010–2021, 2010.
- H. J. Liu, H. Fujii, M. Maeda, and K. Nogi, “Tensile properties and fracture locations of friction-stir-welded joints of 2017-T351 aluminum alloy,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 142, no. 3, pp. 692–696, 2003.
- T. R. McNelley, S. Swaminathan, and J. Q. Su, “Recrystallization mechanisms during friction stir welding/processing of aluminum alloys,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 349–354, 2008.
- T. Sakthivel and J. Mukhopadhyay, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of friction stir welded copper,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 19, pp. 8126–8129, 2007.
- R. Nandan, T. DebRoy, and H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, “Recent advances in friction-stir welding—process, weldment structure and properties,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 980–1023, 2008.
- J. J. Shen, H. J. Liu, and F. Cui, “Effect of welding speed on microstructure and mechanical properties of friction stir welded copper,” Materials and Design, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 3937–3942, 2010.