- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 401515, 14 pages
Finite Element Analysis of Chemical Reaction and Radiation Effects on Isothermal Vertical Oscillating Plate with Variable Mass Diffusion
1Department of Mathematics, GITAM University, Hyderabad 502 329, India
2Department of Mathematics, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Received 15 May 2012; Accepted 1 August 2012
Academic Editors: K. Ammari and W.-H. Steeb
Copyright © 2012 S. Sivaiah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. G. England and A. F. Emery, “Thermal radiation effects on the laminar free convection boundary layer of an absorbing gas,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 37–44, 1969.
- M. A. Hossain and H. S. Takhar, “Radiation effect on mixed convection along a vertical plate with uniform surface temperature,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 243–248, 1996.
- A. Raptis and C. Perdikis, “Radiation and free convection flow past a moving plate,” International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 817–821, 1999.
- U. N. Das, R. K. Deka, and V. M. Soundalgekar, “Radiation effects on flow past an impulsively started vertical infinite plate,” Journal of Theoretical Mechanics, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 111–115, 1996.
- P. L. Chambré and J. D. Young, “On the diffusion of a chemically reactive species in a laminar boundary layer flow,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 48–54, 1958.
- U. N. Das, R. Deka, and V. M. Soundalgekar, “Effects of mass transfer on flow past an impulsively started infinite vertical plate with chemical reaction,” The Bulletin, GUMA, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 1999.
- U. N. Das, R. Deka, and V. M. Soundalgekar, “Effects of mass transfer on flow past an impulsively started infinite vertical plate with constant heat flux and chemical reaction,” Forschung im Ingenieurwesen, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 284–287, 1994.
- V. M. Soundalgekar and S. P. Akolkar, “Effects of free convection currents and mass transfer on flow past a vertical oscillating plate,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 241–254, 1983.
- M. A. Mansour, “Radiative and free-convection effects on the oscillatory flow past a vertical plate,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 166, no. 2, pp. 269–275, 1990.
- V. M. Soundalgekar, “Effects of mass transfer on the flow past an oscillating infi nite vertical plate with constant heat flux,” Thermo Physics and Aero Mechanics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 119–124, 1994.
- R. Muthucumaraswamy, “The interaction of thermal radiation on vertical oscillating plate with variable temperature and mass diffusion,” Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 107–121, 2006.
- M. K. Mazumdar and R. K. Deka, “MHD flow past an impulsively started infinite vertical plate in presence of thermal radiation,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 52, pp. 529–535, 2007.
- R. Muthucumaraswamy and B. Janakiraman, “MHD and radiation effects on moving isothermal vertical plate with variable mass diffusion,” Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 17–29, 2006.
- K. Manivannan, R. Muthucumaraswamy, and V. Thangaraj, “Radiation and chemical reaction effects on isothermal vertical oscillating plate with variable mass diffusion,” Thermal Science, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 155–162, 2009.