- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Molecular Biology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 481539, 8 pages
Structural Modeling and Analysis of Pregnancy-Associated Glycoprotein-1 of Buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)
Division of Animal Reproduction, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Uttar Pradesh, Bareilly 243122, India
Received 27 September 2011; Accepted 19 October 2011
Academic Editor: G. V. Gursky
Copyright © 2012 Jerome Andonissamy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Xie, B. G. Low, R. J. Nagel et al., “Identification of the major pregnancy-specific antigens of cattle and sheep as inactive members of the aspartic proteinase family,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 88, no. 22, pp. 10247–10251, 1991.
- S. Xie, B. G. Low, R. J. Nagel, J. F. Beckers, and R. M. Roberts, “A novel glycoprotein of the aspartic proteinase gene family expressed in bovine placental trophectoderm,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1145–1153, 1994.
- R. G. Sasser, C. A. Ruder, K. A. Ivani, J. E. Butler, and W. C. Hamilton, “Detection of pregnancy by radioimmunoassay of a novel pregnancy-specific protein in serum of cows and a profile of serum concentrations during gestation,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 936–942, 1986.
- O. V. Patel, I. Domeki, N. Sasaki et al., “Effect of fetal mass, number and stage of gestation on pregnancy-specific protein B concentrations in the bovine,” Theriogenology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 827–833, 1995.
- K. Guruprasad, T. L. Blundell, S. Xie et al., “Comparative modelling and analysis of amino acid substitutions suggests that the family of pregnancy-associated glycoproteins includes both active and inactive aspartic proteinases,” Protein Engineering, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 849–856, 1996.
- N. M. Sousa, A. Ayad, J. F. Beckers, and Z. Gajewski, “Pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAG) as pregnancy markers in the ruminants,” Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 153–171, 2006.
- A. Jerome, S. K. Singh, S. K. Agarwal, M. Saini, and A. Raut, “Characterization and in silico analysis of pregnancy-associated glycoprotein-1 gene of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis),” Genetics Research International, vol. 2011, Article ID 436138, 7 pages, 2011.
- L. A. Kelley and M. J. Sternberg, “Protein structure prediction on the Web: a case study using the Phyre server,” Nature Protocols, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 363–371, 2009.
- C. Berezin, F. Glaser, J. Rosenberg et al., “ConSeq: the identification of functionally and structurally important residues in protein sequences,” Bioinformatics, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1322–1324, 2004.
- A. Sali, MODELLER 9.9, Departments of Biopharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and California Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Research, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2011.
- “The PyMOL Molecular Graphics System,” Version 1.2r3pre, Schrödinger, LLC.
- D. Schneidman-Duhovny, Y. Inbar, R. Nussinov, and H. J. Wolfson, “PatchDock and SymmDock: servers for rigid and symmetric docking,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. W363–W367, 2005.
- M. Wiederstein and M. J. Sippl, “ProSA-web: interactive web service for the recognition of errors in three-dimensional structures of proteins,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 35, pp. W407–410, 2007.
- R. A. Laskowski, M. W. MacAurther, D. S. Moss, and J. M. Thornton, “Procheck—a program to check the stereochemical quality of protein structures,” Journal of Applied Crystallography, vol. 26, pp. 47–60, 1993.
- G. Vriend, “WHAT IF: a molecular modeling and drug design program,” Journal of Molecular Graphics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 52–56, 1990.
- V. Brendel, P. Bucher, I. R. Nourbakhsh, B. E. Blaisdell, and S. Karlin, “Methods and algorithms for statistical analysis of protein sequences,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 2002–2006, 1992.
- B. John and A. Sali, “Comparative protein structure modeling by iterative alignment, model building and model assessment,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 3982–3992, 2003.
- M. J. Sippl, “Recognition of errors in three-dimensional structures of proteins,” Proteins, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 355–362, 1993.