- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 461853, 9 pages
Mechanical Characteristics of 6063 Aluminum-Steel Dust Composite
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Received 30 May 2012; Accepted 2 July 2012
Academic Editors: J. Botsis and F. Liu
Copyright © 2012 S. O. Adeosun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Mrówka-Nowotnik and J. Sieniawski, “Influence of heat treatment on the microstructure and mechanical properties of 6005 and 6082 aluminium alloys,” in Proceedings of the 13th Scientific International Conference on Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering, pp. 447–450, 2005a.
- G. Mrówka-Nowotnik and J. Sieniawski, “Influence of heat treatment on the microstructure and mechanical properties of 6005 and 6082 aluminium alloys,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 162-163, pp. 367–372, 2005b.
- P. Orozco-Gonzàlez, M. Castro-Romàn, J. López-Rueda et al., “Effect of iron addition on the crystal structure of the α-AlFeMnSi phase formed in the quaternary Al-Fe-Mn-Si system,” Revista de Metalurgia, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 453–461, 2011.
- G. Mrówka-Nowotnik, J. Sieniawski, and A. Nowotnik, “Tensile properties and fracture toughness of heat treated 6082 alloy,” Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 1–2, 2006.
- S. Karabay, M. Zeren, and M. Yilmaz, “Investigation of extrusion ratio effect on mechanical behaviour of extruded alloy AA-6101 from the billets homogenised-rapid quenched and as-cast conditions,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 138–147, 2005.
- M. Warmuzek, J. Sieniawski, A. Gazda, and G. Mrówka, “Analysis of phase formation in AlFeMnSi alloy with variable content of Fe and Mn transition elements,” Materials Engieneering, vol. 137, pp. 821–824, 2003.
- G. Biroli, G. Caglioti, L. Martini, and G. Riontino, “Precipitation kinetics of AA4032 and AA6082: a comparison based on DSC and TEM,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 197–203, 1998.
- G. Mrówka-Nowotnik, “Influence of chemical composition variation and heat treatment on microstructure and mechanical properties of 6xxx alloys,” Archives of Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 98–107, 2010.
- W. F. Miao and D. E. Laughlin, “Precipitation hardening in aluminum alloy 6022,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 873–878, 1999.
- A. K. Gupta, D. J. Lloyd, and S. A. Court, “Precipitation hardening in Al-Mg-Si alloys with and without excess Si,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 316, no. 1-2, pp. 11–17, 2001.
- S. Zajac, B. Bengtsson, and C. Jönsson, “Influence of cooling after homogenisation and reheating to extrusion on extrudability and final properties of AA 6063 and AA6082 alloys,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 396-402, no. 1, pp. 399–404, 2002.
- R. A. Siddiqui, H. A. Abdullah, and K. R. Al-Belushi, “Influence of aging parameters on the mechanical properties of 6063 aluminium alloy,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 234–240, 2000.
- S. O. Adeosun, S. A. Balogun, O. I. Sekunowo, and M. A. Usman, “Effects of Heat Treatment on Strength and Ductility of Rolled and Forged Aluminum 6063 Alloy,” Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 763–773, 2010.
- W. Khraisat and W. Abu Jadayil, “Strengthening aluminum scrap by alloying with iron,” Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 372–3377, 2010.
- D. G. Morris and S. Gunther, “The influence of order on the recovery and recrystallization of a Fe3Al alloy,” Intermetallics, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 483–491, 1995.
- T. T. Sasaki, T. Ohkubo, and K. Hono, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of bulk nanocrystalline Al-Fe alloy processed by mechanical alloying and spark plasma sintering,” Acta Materialia, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 3529–3538, 2009.
- A. Singh, Studies on aluminum—iron ore in-situ particulate composite [M.S. thesis], Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, 2010.
- A. Darvishi, A. Maleki, M. M. Atabaki, and M. Zargami, “The mutual effect of iron and manganese on microstructure and mechanical properties of aluminium-silicon alloy,” MJoM, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 11–24, 2010.
- M. Kouzeli and A. Mortensen, “Size dependent strengthening in particle reinforced aluminium,” Acta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 39–51, 2002.
- J. Shih-Chang and C. Sinn-Wen, “The solidification characteristics of 6061 and a356 aluminum alloys and their ceramic particle-reinforced composites,” Acta Materialia, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 4887–4899, 1997.
- V. S. Aigbodion and S. B. Hassan, “Effects of silicon carbide reinforcement on microstructure and properties of cast Al-Si-Fe/SiC particulate composites,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 447, no. 1-2, pp. 355–360, 2007.
- R. A. Karnesky, L. Meng, and D. C. Dunand, “Strengthening mechanisms in aluminum containing coherent Al3Sc precipitates and incoherent Al2O3 dispersoids,” Acta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1299–1308, 2007.
- G. Sha, K. O'Reilly, B. Cantor, J. Worth, and R. Hamerton, “Growth related metastable phase selection in a 6xxx series wrought Al alloy,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 304-306, no. 1-2, pp. 612–616, 2001.
- M. Warmuzek, G. Mrówka, and J. Sieniawski, “Influence of the heat treatment on the precipitation of the intermetallic phases in commercial AlMn1FeSi alloy,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 157-158, pp. 624–632, 2004.
- H. Sasaki, N. Kobayashi, K. Kita, J. Nagahora, and A. Inoue, “Nanocrystalline structure and mechanical properties of vapor quenched Al-Zr-Fe alloy sheets prepared by electron-beam deposition,” Materials Transactions, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 1948–1954, 2003.
- S. Zajac, B. Hutchinson, A. Johanson, L. O. Gullman, and R. Lagneborg, “Microstructure control and extrudability of Al-Mg-Si alloys, microalloyed with manganese,” Journal De Physique, vol. 3, pp. 251–254, 1993.