- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 786592, 7 pages
A Sensitivity Study on the Soil Parameter-Boundary Layer Height Interrelationship
1Department of Meteorology, Eötvös Loránd University, Pázmány P. setany 1/A, 1117 Budapest, Hungary
2Hungarian Meteorological Service, Vitorlás utca 17, 8600 Siófok, Hungary
3Marcell György Observatory, Hungarian Meteorological Service, P.O. Box 39, 1675 Budapest, Hungary
4Research Institute for Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Herman Ottó u. 15., 1022 Budapest, Hungary
Received 5 March 2012; Accepted 2 April 2012
Academic Editors: L. E. Venegas, D.-Y. Wang, and C. Zerefos
Copyright © 2012 Hajnalka Breuer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. McCumber and R. A. Pielke, “Simulation of the effects of surface fluxes of heat and moisture on a mesoscale numerical model. 1. Soil layer,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 9929–9938, 1981.
- R. A. Pielke, “Influence of the spatial distribution of vegetation and soils on the prediction of cumulus convective rainfall,” Reviews of Geophysics, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 151–177, 2001.
- J. W. Deardorff, “Three-dimensional numerical study of the height and mean structure of a heated planetary boundary layer,” Boundary-Layer Meteorology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 81–106, 1974.
- M. G. Schaap and F. J. Leij, “Database-related accuracy and uncertainty of pedotransfer functions,” Soil Science, vol. 163, no. 10, pp. 765–779, 1998.
- Y. A. Pachepsky and W. J. Rawls, “Accuracy and reliability of pedotransfer functions as affected by grouping soils,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 1748–1757, 1999.
- M. Soet and J. N. M. Stricker, “Functional behaviour of pedotransfer functions in soil water flow simulation,” Hydrological Processes, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1659–1670, 2003.
- R. Avissar and Y. Liu, “Three-dimensional numerical study of shallow convective clouds and precipitation induced by land surface forcing,” Journal of Geophysical Research D: Atmospheres, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 7499–7518, 1996.
- N. Mölders, “Plant- and soil-parameter-caused uncertainty of predicted surface fluxes,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 133, no. 12, pp. 3498–3516, 2005.
- J. A. Santanello, C. D. Peters-Lidard, S. V. Kumar, C. Alonge, and W. K. Tao, “A modeling and observational framework for diagnosing local land-atmosphere coupling on diurnal time scales,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 577–599, 2009.
- G. Panegrossi, R. Ferretti, L. Pulvirenti, and N. Pierdicca, “Impact of ASAR soil moisture data on the MM5 precipitation forecast for the Tanaro flood event of April 2009,” Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 3135–3149, 2011.
- P. Seibert, F. Beyrich, S.-E. Gryning, S. Joffre, A. Rasmussen, and Ph. Tercier, “Mixing Height Determination for Dispersion Modelling. Report of Working Group 2,” in COST Action 710 - Final Report. Harmonisation in the Pre-Processing of Meteorological Data for Atmospheric Dispersion Models, EUR 18195 EN, 1998.
- D. J. Seidel, C. O. Ao, and K. Li, “Estimating climatological planetary boundary layer heights from radiosonde observations: comparison of methods and uncertainty analysis,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 115, no. 16, Article ID D16113, 2010.
- W. M. Angevine, A. B. White, and S. K. Avery, “Boundary-layer depth and entrainment zone characterization with a boundary-layer profiler,” Boundary-Layer Meteorology, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 375–385, 1994.
- S. Liu and X. Z. Liang, “Observed diurnal cycle climatology of planetary boundary layer height,” Journal of Climate, vol. 23, no. 21, pp. 5790–5809, 2010.
- H. Breuer, F. Ács, B. Laza, Á. Horváth, I. Matyasovszky, and K. Rajkai, “Sensitivity of MM5 simulated planetary boundary layer height to soil dataset: comparison of soil and atmospheric effects,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, In press.
- L. Pásztor, J. Szabó, and Z. Bakacsi, “Digital processing and upgrading of legacy data collected during the 1:25 000 scale Kreybig soil survey,” Acta Geodaetica et Geophysica Hungarica, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 127–136, 2010.
- J. Szabó, L. Pásztor, Zs. Bakacsi, B. Zágoni, and G. Csökli, “Kreybig Digital Soil Information System (Preliminaries, GIS establishment),” Agrokémia és Talajtan, vol. 49, pp. 265–276, 2000 (Hungarian).
- Z. Bakacsi, L. Kuti, L. Pásztor, J. Vatai, J. Szabó, and T. Müller, “Method for the compilation of a stratified and harmonized soil physical database using legacy and up-to-date data sources,” Agrokemia es Talajtan, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 39–46, 2010.
- L. Pásztor, Zs. Bakacsi, and J. Szabó, “Spatio-temporal integration of soil data originating from different sources for the estimation of national carbon stock in Hungary,” Geophysical Research Abstracts, vol. 13, EGU2011-10960, 2011.
- A. Nemes, “Unsaturated soil hydraulic database of Hungary: HUNSODA,” Agrokémia és Talajtan, vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 17–26, 2002.
- Gy. Várallyay, “Influences of climate changes on soil moisture regime, texture and erosion,” in Soils on a Warmer Earth, H. W. Scharpenseel, M. Schomaker, and A. Ayoub, Eds., pp. 39–49, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1980.
- A. Makó and B. Tóth, “MARTHA: the first detailed soil physical data base in Hungary,” Agronapló 2008/3. 2008.
- G. S. Campbell, “A simple method for determining unsaturated conductivity from moisture retention data,” Soil Science, vol. 117, pp. 311–314, 1974.
- W. C. Skamarock, J. B. Klemp, J. Dudhia et al., “A Description of the Advanced Research WRF Version 3. NCAR technical note,” NCAR/TN-468+STR, 2008.
- E. J. Mlawer, S. J. Taubman, P. D. Brown, M. J. Iacono, and S. A. Clough, “Radiative transfer for inhomogeneous atmospheres: RRTM, a validated correlated-k model for the longwave,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 102, no. 14, pp. 16663–16682, 1997.
- P. Bougeault and P. Lacarrere, “Parameterization of orography-induced turbulence in a mesobeta-scale model,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 117, no. 8, pp. 1872–1890, 1989.
- G. Thompson, R. M. Rasmussen, and K. Manning, “Explicit forecasts of winter precipitation using an improved bulk microphysics scheme. Part I: description and sensitivity analysis,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 519–542, 2004.
- F. Chen and J. Dudhia, “Coupling and advanced land surface-hydrology model with the Penn State-NCAR MM5 modeling system. Part I: model implementation and sensitivity,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 569–585, 2001.
- R. B. Stull, An Introduction to Boundary Layer Meteorology, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1988.