- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 304546, 6 pages
Influence of the Percentage of Doped into Matrix on Photocatalysis
Chemistry Department, Universidade de Franca, Avenida Dr. Armando Salles Oliveira, 201—Parque Universitário, 14404-600 Franca, SP, Brazil
Received 18 June 2012; Accepted 31 July 2012
Academic Editors: M. C. Garcia-Gutierrez, I. Kholmanov, and J. Majimel
Copyright © 2012 L. M. L. da Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Stöber, A. Fink, and E. Bohm, “Controlled growth of monodisperse silica spheres in the micron size range,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 62–69, 1968.
- A. S. de Dios and M. E. Díaz-García, “Multifunctional nanoparticles: analytical prospects,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 666, no. 1-2, pp. 1–22, 2010.
- J. D. Wright and N. A. J. Sommerdijk, Sol-Gel Materials Chemistry and Applications, Taylor & Francis, 2003.
- L. L. Hench and J. K. West, “The sol-gel process,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 33–72, 1990.
- C. J. Brinker and G. W. Scherer, Sol-Gel Science: The Physics and Chemistry of Sol-Gel Processing, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1990.
- S. Acosta, R. J. P. Corriu, D. Leclercq, P. Lefèvre, P. H. Mutin, and A. Vioux, “Preparation of alumina gels by a non-hydrolytic sol-gel processing method,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 170, no. 3, pp. 234–242, 1994.
- O. J. de Lima, H. C. Sacco, D. C. Oliveira et al., “Porphyrins entrapped in an alumina matrix,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 2476–2481, 2001.
- D. A. H. Hanaor and C. C. Sorrell, “Review of the anatase to rutile phase transformation,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 855–874, 2011.
- L. Ge, M. Xu, M. Sun, and H. Fang, “Fabrication and characterization of nano TiO2 thin films at low temperature,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1596–1603, 2006.
- H. Shin, H. S. Jung, K. S. Hong, and J.-K. Lee, “Crystal phase evolution of TiO2 nanoparticles with reaction time in acidic solutions studied via freeze-drying method,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 178, no. 1, pp. 15–21, 2005.
- S. Jin and F. Shiraishi, “Photocatalytic activities enhanced for decompositions of organic compounds over metal-photodepositing titanium dioxide,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 97, no. 2–3, pp. 203–211, 2004.
- K. Melghit and S. S. Al-Rabaniah, “Photodegradation of Congo red under sunlight catalysed by nanorod rutile TiO2,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 331–334, 2006.
- Y. Jin, A. Li, S. G. Hazelton et al., “Amorphous silica nanohybrids: synthesis, properties and applications,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 253, no. 23-24, pp. 2998–3014, 2009.
- J.-M. Herrmann, “Photocatalysis fundamentals revisited to avoid several misconceptions,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 99, no. 3-4, pp. 461–468, 2010.
- L. Marçal, E. H. de Faria, M. Saltarelli et al., “Amine-functionalized titanosilicates prepared by the sol-gel process as adsorbents of the Azo-Dye orange II,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 239–246, 2011.
- Y. Chen, K. Wang, and L. Lou, “Photodegradation of dye pollutants on silica gel supported TiO2 particles under visible light irradiation,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 163, no. 1–2, pp. 281–287, 2004.
- K. Y. Jung, S. B. Park, and S.-K. Ihm, “Local structure and photocatalytic activity of B2O3-SiO2/TiO2 ternary mixed oxides prepared by sol-gel method,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 239–245, 2004.
- K. Y. Jung and S. B. Park, “Enhanced photoactivity of silica-embedded titania particles prepared by sol-gel process for the decomposition of trichloroethylene,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 249–256, 2000.
- Y. Zhang, H. Xu, Y. Xu, H. Zhang, and Y. Wang, “The effect of lanthanide on the degradation of RB in nanocrystalline Ln/TiO2 aqueous solution,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 170, no. 3, pp. 279–285, 2005.
- T. Watanabe, T. Takizawa, and K. Honda, “Photocatalysis through excitation of adsorbates. 1. Highly efficient N-deethylation of rhodamine B adsorbed to cadmium sulfide,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 81, no. 19, pp. 1845–1851, 1977.
- C. Zhu, L. Wang, L. Kong et al., “Photocatalytic degradation of AZO dyes by supported TiO2 + UV in aqueous solution,” Chemosphere, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 303–309, 2000.
- S. Kein, S. Thorimbert, and W. F. Maier, “Amorphous microporous titania–silica mixed oxides: preparation, characterization, and catalytic redox properties,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 476–488, 1996.
- H. Zhang and J. F. Banfield, “Thermodynamic analysis of phase stability of nanocrystalline titania,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 2073–2076, 1998.
- X. Gao and I. E. Wachs, “Titania-silica as catalysts: molecular structural characteristics and physico-chemical properties,” Catalysis Today, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 233–254, 1999.
- E. J. Nassar, C. R. Neri, P. S. Calefi, and O. A. Serra, “Functionalized silica synthesized by sol-gel process,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 247, no. 1–3, pp. 124–128, 1999.