- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 135329, 6 pages
Sleep Telemedicine: A Survey Study of Patient Preferences
Neurology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Wang 720, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Received 1 May 2012; Accepted 26 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Arboix and T. Mezaki
Copyright © 2012 Jessica M. Kelly et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Rainie, “Internet, broadband, and cell phone statistics,” Pew Internet and American Life Project, 2010, http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Internet-broadband-and-cell-phone-statistics.aspx.
- R. F. Dixon and J. E. Stahl, “Virtual visits in a general medicine practice: a pilot study,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 525–530, 2008.
- H. J. Audebert and L. Schwamm, “Telestroke: scientific results,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 15–20, 2009.
- W. R. Hersh, M. Helfand, J. Wallace et al., “Clinical outcomes resulting from telemedicine interventions: a systematic review,” BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 1, no. 1, article 5, 2001.
- V. A. Wade, J. Karnon, A. G. Elshaug, and J. E. Hiller, “A systematic review of economic analyses of telehealth services using real time video communication,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 10, article 233, 2010.
- J. C. Smith and B. R. Schatz, “Feasibility of mobile phone-based management of chronic illness,” AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, vol. 2010, pp. 757–761, 2010.
- P. R. Eastwood, A. Malhotra, L. J. Palmer et al., “Obstructive sleep apnoea: from pathogenesis to treatment: current controversies and future directions,” Respirology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 587–595, 2010.
- L. J. Epstein, D. Kristo, P. J. Strollo Jr. et al., “Clinical guideline for the evaluation, management and long-term care of obstructive sleep apnea in adults,” Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 263–276, 2009.
- R. Budhiraja, P. Budhiraja, and S. F. Quan, “Sleep-disordered breathing and cardiovascular disorders,” Respiratory Care, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1322–1330, 2010.
- N. A. Collop, S. L. Tracy, V. Kapur et al., “Obstructive sleep apnea devices for Out-Of-Center (OOC) testing: technology evaluation,” Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 531–548, 2011.
- R. Dellacà, J. M. Montserrat, L. Govoni, A. Pedotti, D. Navajas, and R. Farré, “Telemetric CPAP titration at home in patients with sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome,” Sleep Medicine, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 153–157, 2011.
- R. Parikh, M. N. Touvelle, H. Wang, and S. N. Zallek, “Sleep telemedicine: patient satisfaction and treatment adherence,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 609–614, 2011.
- P. A. Harris, R. Taylor, R. Thielke, J. Payne, N. Gonzalez, and J. G. Conde, “Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 377–381, 2009.
- J. Craig, C. Russell, V. Patterson, and R. Wootton, “User satisfaction with realtime teleneurology,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 237–241, 1999.
- L. H. Schwamm, E. S. Rosenthal, A. Hirshberg et al., “Virtual TeleStroke support for the emergency department evaluation of acute stroke,” Academic Emergency Medicine, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 1193–1197, 2004.
- A. I. Pack, “Sleep medicine: strategies for change,” Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 577–579, 2011.
- R. Chua, J. Craig, R. Wootton, and V. Patterson, “Randomised controlled trial of telemedicine for new neurological outpatient referrals,” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 63–66, 2001.
- R. K. M. Wong, J. S. M. Tan, and D. A. Drossman, “Here's my phone number, don't call me: physician accessibility in the cell phone and e-mail era,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 662–667, 2010.
- J. J. Craig, J. P. McConville, V. H. Patterson, and R. Wootton, “Neurological examination is possible using telemedicine,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 177–181, 1999.
- K. M. McConnochie, N. E. Wood, N. E. Herendeen et al., “Acute illness care patterns change with use of telemedicine,” Pediatrics, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. e989–e995, 2009.
- F. Mair, P. Whitten, C. May, and G. C. Doolittle, “Patients' perceptions of a telemedicine specialty clinic,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 36–40, 2000.