- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 317372, 8 pages
Nursing Student Perceptions of Reflective Journaling: A Conjoint Value Analysis
School of Nursing, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Received 2 April 2012; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editors: R. Constantino and S. Kennerly
Copyright © 2012 Thomas J. Hendrix et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Schon, The Reflective Practitioner, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2nd edition, 1991.
- National League for Nursing, Core Competencies for Nurse Educators with Task Statements, 2005, http://www.nln.org/facultydevelopment/pdf/corecompetencies.pdf.
- S. Epp, “The value of reflective journaling in undergraduate nursing education: a literature review,” International Journal of Nursing Studies, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1379–1388, 2008.
- B. R. Sockman and P. Sharma, “Struggling toward a transformative model of instruction: it's not so easy!,” Teaching and Teacher Education, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1070–1082, 2008.
- S. S. Lauterbach and P. B. Hentz, “Journaling to learn: a strategy in nursing education for developing the nurse as person and person as nurse,” International Journal of Human Caring, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 29–35, 2005.
- C. A. Tanner, “Thinking like a nurse: a research-based model of clinical judgment in nursing,” Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 204–211, 2006.
- K. Lasater and A. Nielsen, “Reflective journaling for clinical judgment development and evaluation,” Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 40–44, 2009.
- A. Duffy, “Guided reflection: a discussion of the essential components British,” Journal of Nursing, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 334–339, 2008.
- M. Craft, “Reflective writing and nursing education,” Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 53–57, 2005.
- N. R. Fink, “Deaths,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 169, no. 8, article 887, 2003.
- K. Lasater, “Clinical judgment development: using simulation to create an assessment rubric,” Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 496–503, 2007.
- E. B. Daroszewski, A. G. Kinser, and S. L. Lloyd, “Online, directed journaling in community health advanced practice nursing clinical education,” Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 175–180, 2004.
- R. van Horn and S. Freed, “Journaling and dialogue pairs to promote reflection in clinical nursing education,” Nursing Education Perspectives, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 220–225, 2008.
- A. Smith and K. Jack, “Reflective practice: a meaningful task for students,” Nursing Standard, vol. 19, no. 26, pp. 33–37, 2005.
- C. Kuo, “Designing an online writing system. learning with support,” RELC Journal, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 285–299, 2008.