- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 263871, 6 pages
PP13 and PAPP-A in the First and Second Trimesters: Predictive Factors for Preeclampsia?
1OB/GYN Department, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
2Pathology Department, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
3Education Development Center (EDC), Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Received 14 March 2012; Accepted 9 April 2012
Academic Editors: G. Rizzo and J. G. Schenker
Copyright © 2012 Narges Moslemi Zadeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Heilmannl and U. Seikmann, “Hemodynamic and hemorhological profiles in women with proteinuric hypertension og pregnancy and in pregnant controls,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 246, no. 3, pp. 159–168, 1998.
- N. Chomian, “Investigation of during of activity phase and method delivering in primipar with preeclampsia,” Raze Behzistan, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 6–9, 2003.
- I. Chaftez, I. kuhnreich, M. Smmar, et al., “First trimester Placental protein 13 screening for preeclampsia and intra uterin growth restriction,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 197, no. 1, pp. 35–37, 2007.
- N. G. Than, E. Pick, S. Bellyei et al., “Functional analyses of placental protein 13/galectin-13,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 271, no. 6, pp. 1065–1078, 2004.
- K. H. Nicolaides, R. Bindra, O. M. Turan et al., “A novel approach to first-trimester screening for early pre-eclampsia combining serum PP-13 and Doppler ultrasound,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 13–17, 2006.
- R. Romero, J. P. Kusanovic, N. G. Than et al., “First-trimester maternal serum PP13 in the risk assessment for preeclampsia,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 199, no. 2, pp. 122.e1–122.e11, 2008.
- T. Sekiya, H. Kurahashi, Y. Udagaway, et al., “Increased level of pregnancy assouiated protein A2 in the serum of preeclam patients,” Molecular Human Reproduction, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 595–602, 2008.
- A. Hertig, N. Berkane, G. Lefevre et al., “Maternal serum sFlt1 concentration is an early and reliable predictive marker of preeclampsia,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 1702–1703, 2004.
- K. Spencer, N. J. Cowans, I. Chefetz, J. Tal, and H. Meiri, “First-trimester maternal serum PP-13, PAPP-A and second-trimester uterine artery Doppler pulsatility index as markers of pre-eclampsia,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 128–134, 2007.
- S. Grill, C. Rusterholz, R. Zanetti-Dällenbach et al., “Potential markers of preeclampsia—a review,” Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, vol. 7, article 70, 2009.
- S. L. Costa, L. Proctor, J. M. Dodd et al., “Screening for placental insufficiency in high-risk pregnancies: is earlier better?” Placenta, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1034–1040, 2008.
- L. C. Y. Poon, N. Maiz, C. Valencia, W. Plasencia, and K. H. Nicolaides, “First-trimester maternal serum pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A and pre-eclampsia,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 23–33, 2009.
- F. Audibert, I. Boucoiran, N. An et al., “Screening for preeclampsia using first-trimester serum markers and uterine artery Doppler in nulliparous women,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 203, no. 4, pp. 383.e1–383.e8, 2010.
- N. A. Bersinger, A. K. Smárason, S. Muttukrishna, N. P. Groome, and C. W. Redman, “Women with preeclampsia have increased serum levels of pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A), inhibin A, activin A, and soluble E-selectin,” Hypertension in Pregnancy, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 2003.
- A. O. Odibo, Y. Zhong, K. R. Goetzinger et al., “First-trimester placental protein 13, PAPP-A, uterine artery Doppler and maternal characteristics in the prediction of pre-eclampsia,” Placenta, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 598–602, 2011.
- A. Khalil, N. J. Cowans, K. Spencer, S. Goichman, H. Meiri, and K. Harrington, “First trimester maternal serum placental protein 13 for the prediction of pre-eclampsia in women with a priori high risk,” Prenatal Diagnosis, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 781–789, 2009.
- O. Burger, E. Pick, J. Zwickel et al., “Placental protein 13 (PP-13): effects on cultured trophoblasts, and its detection in human body fluids in normal and pathological pregnancies,” Placenta, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 608–622, 2004.