- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 325790, 8 pages
Predictive and Prognostic Factors in Definition of Risk Groups in Endometrial Carcinoma
Department of Oncology, Örebro University Hospital, 701 85 Örebro, Sweden
Received 28 August 2012; Accepted 27 September 2012
Academic Editors: L. Gebrim and P. K. Mallmann
Copyright © 2012 Bengt Sorbe. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Aalders, V. Abeler, P. Kolstad, and M. Onsrud, “Postoperative external irradiation and prognostic parameters in stage I endometrial carcinoma. Clinical and histopathologic study of 540 patients,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 419–427, 1980.
- C. L. Creutzberg, W. L. J. Van Putten, P. C. M. Koper et al., “Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma: multicentre randomised trial,” The Lancet, vol. 355, no. 9213, pp. 1404–1411, 2000.
- H. M. Keys, J. A. Roberts, V. L. Brunetto et al., “A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 744–751, 2004.
- P. Blake, A. M. Swart, J. Orton, et al., “Adjuvant external beam radiotherapy in the treatment of endometrial cancer (MRC ASTEC and NCIC CTG EN. 5 randomised trials): pooled trial results, systematic review, and metaanalysis,” The Lancet, vol. 373, pp. 137–146, 2009.
- R. A. Nout, V. T. H. B. M. Smit, H. Putter et al., “Vaginal brachytherapy versus pelvic external beam radiotherapy for patients with endometrial cancer of high-intermediate risk (PORTEC-2): an open-label, non-inferiority, randomised trial,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9717, pp. 816–823, 2010.
- R. A. Nout, H. Putter, I. M. Jürgenliemk-Schulz et al., “Quality of life after pelvic radiotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy for endometrial cancer: first results of the randomized PORTEC-2 trial,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 21, pp. 3547–3556, 2009.
- T. Högberg, M. Signorelli, C. F. de Oliveira, et al., “Sequential adjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy in endometrial cancer—results from two randomized studies,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 371–378, 2010.
- B. Sorbe, B. Nordström, J. Mäenpää et al., “Intravaginal brachytherapy in FIGO stage I low-risk endometrial cancer: a controlled randomized study,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 873–878, 2009.
- B. Sorbe, G. Horvath, H. Andersson, K. Boman, C. Lundgren, and B. Pettersson, “External pelvic and vaginal irradiation versus vaginal irradiation alone as postoperative therapy in medium-risk endometrial carcinoma—a prospective randomized study,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 1249–1255, 2012.
- H. K. Poulsen, M. Jacobsen, K. Bertelsen et al., “Adjuvant radiation therapy is not necessary in the management of endometrial carcinoma stage I, low-risk cases,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 38–43, 1996.
- A. Obermair, R. Cheuk, S. C. Pak et al., “Disease-free survival after vaginal vault brachytherapy versus observation for patients with node-negative intermediate-risk endometrial adenocarcinoma,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 280–285, 2008.
- C. L. Creutzberg, W. L. van Putten, P. C. Koper, et al., “Survival after relapse in patients with endometrial cancer: results from a randomized trial,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 89, pp. 201–209, 2003.
- C. L. Kosary, “FIGO stage, histology, histologic grade, age and race as prognostic factors in determining survival for cancers of the female gynecological system: an analysis of 1973-87 SEER cases of cancers of the endometrium, cervix, ovary, vulva, and vagina,” Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 31–46, 1994.
- B. Nordström, P. Strang, A. Lindgren, R. Bergström, and B. Tribukait, “Carcinoma of the endometrium: do the nuclear grade and DNA ploidy provide more prognostic information than do the FIGO and WHO classifications?” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 191–201, 1996.
- B. Sorbe and B. Risberg, “Prognostic importance of the nuclear proteins p53 and Rb in conjunction with DNA, nuclear morphometry and grading in endometrial carcinoma,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 34–41, 1997.
- A. Koul, P. O. Bendahl, A. Borg et al., “TP53 protein expression analysis by luminometric immunoassay in comparison with gene mutation status and prognostic factors in early stage endometrial cancer,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 362–371, 2002.
- C. Lundgren, G. Auer, B. Frankendal, B. Nilsson, and B. Nordström, “Prognostic factors in surgical stage I endometrial carcinoma,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2004.
- A. Mariani, M. J. Webb, G. L. Keeney, M. G. Haddock, G. Calori, and K. C. Podratz, “Low-risk corpus cancer: is lymphadenectomy or radiotherapy necessary?” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 182, no. 6, pp. 1506–1519, 2000.
- C. Shah, E. B. Johnson, E. Everett et al., “Does size matter? Tumor size and morphology as predictors of nodal status and recurrence in endometrial cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 564–570, 2005.
- S. Vance, R. Yechieli, C. Cogan, R. Hanna, A. Munkarah, and M. A. Elshaikh, “The prognostic significance of age in surgically staged patients with Type II endometrial carcinoma,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 16–19, 2012.
- K. Narayan, P. Khaw, D. Bernshaw, L. Mileshkin, and S. Kondalsamy-Chennakesavan, “Prognostic significance of Lymphovascular space invasion and nodal involvement in intermediate- and high-risk endometrial cancer patients treated with curative intent using surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 22, pp. 260–266, 2012.
- A. Gadducci, A. Cavazzana, S. Cosio et al., “Lymph-vascular space involvement and outer one-third myometrial invasion are strong predictors of distant haematogeneous failures in patients with stage I-II endometrioid-type endometrial cancer,” Anticancer Research, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1715–1720, 2009.
- F. Maneschi, I. Ceccacci, A. Perugini, C. Pane, A. Simeone, and A. Manicone, “Endometrial cancer: prognostic significance of risk classification based on pre-intraoperative findings,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 285, no. 2, pp. 521–527, 2011.
- T. Song, J. W. Lee, H. J. Kim et al., “Prognostic significance of DNA ploidy in stage I endometrial cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 79–82, 2011.