- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 849518, 4 pages
Results of Second-Look Laparotomy in Advanced Ovarian Cancer: One Single Center Experience
Department of Surgical Oncology, Salah Azaiz Institute, 1029 Tunis, Tunisia
Received 25 July 2012; Accepted 10 August 2012
Academic Editors: A. Canellada, N. A. Ginsberg, and K. Yang
Copyright © 2012 Tarak Damak et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. Chu and S. C. Rubin, “Second-look laparotomy for epithelial ovarian cancer: a reappraisal,” Current Oncology Reports, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2001.
- E. A. Sijmons and A. P. Heintz, “Second-look and second surgery: second chance or second best?” Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 19, pp. 54–61, 2000.
- V. De Rosa, M. L. Mangoni di Stefano, A. Brunetti, et al., “Computed tomography and second-look surgery in ovarian cancer patients. Correlation, actual role and limitations of CT scan,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 123–129, 1995.
- J. S. Berek, “Second-look versus second-nature,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 1–2, 1992.
- M. E. L. van der Burg, “More than 20 years second-look surgery in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: what did we learn?” Annals of Oncology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 627–629, 1997.
- C. P. Morrow, “An opinion in support of second-look surgery in ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 341–343, 2000.
- H. S. Pan, S. L. Lee, L. W. Huang, and Y. K. Chen, “Combined positron emission tomography-computed tomography and tumor markers for detecting recurrent ovarian cancer,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 283, no. 2, pp. 335–341, 2011.
- D. G. Hong, N. Y. Park, G. O. Chong, Y. L. Cho, I. S. Park, and Y. S. Lee, “Laparoscopic second look operation for ovarian cancer: single center experiences,” Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies, vol. 20, pp. 346–351, 2011.
- V. Kumar Dhingra, P. Kand, and S. Basu, “Impact of FDG-PET and -PET/CT imaging in the clinical decision-making of ovarian carcinoma: an evidence-based approach,” Womens Health, vol. 8, pp. 191–203, 2012.
- L. Prayer, C. Kainz, J. Kramer et al., “CT and MR accuracy in the detection of tumor recurrence in patients treated for ovarian cancer,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 626–632, 1993.
- T. Petit, M. Velten, A. d'Hombres et al., “Long-term survival of 106 stage III ovarian cancer patients with minimal residual disease after second-look laparotomy and consolidation radiotherapy,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 104–108, 2007.
- E. Podczaski, A. Manetta, P. Kaminski et al., “Survival of patients with ovarian epithelial carcinomas after second-look laparotomy,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 43–47, 1990.
- S. Sawicki, D. Wydra, J. Kobierski, T. Milczek, and J. Emerich, “Analysis of the results and long-term follow-up of second-look laparotomy in advanced ovarian cancer,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 422–425, 2009.
- A. Obermair and P. Sevelda, “Impact of second look laparotomy and secondary cytoreductive surgery at second-look laparotomy in ovarian cancer patients,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 432–436, 2001.
- N. M. Spirtos, S. M. Eisenkop, J. B. Schlaerth, and S. C. Ballon, “Second-look laparotomy after modified posterior exenteration: patterns of persistence and recurrence in patients with stage III and stage IV ovarian cancer,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 182, no. 6, pp. 1321–1327, 2000.
- A. Ayhan, M. Gultekin, P. Dursun et al., “Predictors and outcomes of recurrent disease after a negative second look laparotomy,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 226–230, 2008.