- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 938583, 6 pages
Ultrasound Reference Chart Based on IVF Dates to Estimate Gestational Age at 6–9 weeks’ Gestation
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
2Mercy Hospital for Women, University of Melbourne, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
3Springfield Hospital, Lawn Lane, Essex, Chelmsford CM1 7GU, UK
4Monash Ultrasound for Women, Monash Surgical Private Hospital, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
5Monash IVF, Monash Surgical Private Hospital, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
Received 3 April 2012; Accepted 14 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Martin-Hidalgo, G. Rizzo, and K. Yang
Copyright © 2012 Pavitra Delpachitra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. McGalliard and M. Gaudoin, “Routine ultrasound for pregnancy termination requests increases women's choice and reduces inappropriate treatments,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 79–82, 2004.
- N. J. Wald, H. S. Cuckle, J. W. Densem, A. Kennard, and D. Smith, “Maternal serum screening for Down's syndrome: the effect of routine ultrasound scan determination of gestational age and adjustment for maternal weight,” British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 144–149, 1992.
- B. Blondel, I. Morin, R. W. Platt, M. S. Kramer, R. Usher, and G. Bréart, “Algorithms for combining menstrual and ultrasound estimates of gestational age: consequences for rates of preterm and postterm birth,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 109, no. 6, pp. 718–720, 2002.
- M. L. Reuss, M. C. Hatch, and M. Susser, “Early ultrasound dating of pregnancy: selection and measurement biases,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 667–674, 1995.
- P. Taipale and V. Hiilesmaa, “Predicting delivery date by ultrasound and last menstrual period in early gestation,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 189–194, 2001.
- S. Daya, “Accuracy of gestational age estimation by means of fetal crown-rump length measurement,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 168, no. 3, part 1, pp. 903–908, 1993.
- R. B. Kalish, H. T. Thaler, S. T. Chasen et al., “First- and second-trimester ultrasound assessment of gestational age,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 191, no. 3, pp. 975–978, 2004.
- A. C. McLennan and P. J. Schluter, “Construction of modern Australian first trimester ultrasound dating and growth charts,” Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 471–479, 2008.
- B. O. Verburg, E. A. P. Steegers, M. De Ridder et al., “New charts for ultrasound dating of pregnancy and assessment of fetal growth: longitudinal data from a population-based cohort study,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 388–396, 2008.
- S. C. Westerway, A. Davison, and S. Cowell, “Ultrasonic fetal measurements: new Australian standards for the new millennium,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 297–302, 2000.
- F. P. Hadlock, Y. P. Shah, D. J. Kanon, and J. V. Lindsey, “Fetal crown-rump length: reevaluation of relation to menstrual age (5–18 weeks) with high-resolution real-time US,” Radiology, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 501–505, 1992.
- H. P. Robinson, “Sonar measurement of fetal crown rump length as means of assessing maturity in first trimester of pregnancy,” British Medical Journal, vol. 4, no. 5883, pp. 28–31, 1973.
- H. P. Robinson and J. E. E. Fleming, “A critical evaluation of sonar 'crown rump length' measurements,” British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 702–710, 1975.
- P. Royston and E. M. Wright, “How to construct 'normal ranges' for fetal variables,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 30–38, 1998.
- P. D. Silva, G. Mahairas, A. M. Schaper, and C. W. Schauberger, “Early crown-rump length. A good predictor of gestational age,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 641–644, 1990.
- S. N. MacGregor, R. K. Tamura, and R. E. Sabbagha, “Underestimation of gestational age by conventional crown-rump length dating curves,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 344–348, 1987.
- J. Wisser, P. Dirschedl, and S. Krone, “Estimation of gestational age by transvaginal sonographic measurement of greatest embryonic length in dated human embryos,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 457–462, 1994.
- P. Sladkevicius, S. Saltvedt, H. Almström, M. Kublickas, C. Grunewald, and L. Valentin, “Ultrasound dating at 12-14 weeks of gestation. A prospective cross-validation of established dating formulae in in-vitro fertilized pregnancies,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 504–511, 2005.
- F. Mukri, T. Bourne, C. Bottomley, C. Schoeb, E. Kirk, and A. T. Papageorghiou, “Evidence of early first-trimester growth restriction in pregnancies that subsequently end in miscarriage,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 115, no. 10, pp. 1273–1278, 2008.
- L. A. Schieve, S. F. Meikle, C. Ferre, H. B. Peterson, G. Jeng, and L. S. Wilcox, “Low and very low birth weight in infants conceived with use of assisted reproductive technology,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 346, no. 10, pp. 731–737, 2002.
- F. M. Ndumbe, O. Navti, V. N. Chilaka, and J. C. Konje, “Prenatal diagnosis in the first trimester of pregnancy,” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 317–328, 2008.
- M. Y. Divon and N. Feldman-Leidner, “Postdates and antenatal testing,” Seminars in Perinatology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 295–300, 2008.
- M. Whitworth, L. Bricker, J. P. Neilson, and T. Dowswell, “Ultrasound for fetal assessment in early pregnancy.,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 4, Article ID CD007058, 2010.