- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 581281, 7 pages
Preparation of 99mTc-Clomiphene Citrate as a Novel Agent for Breast Cancer Imaging
1Labeled Compound Department, Hot Lab Center, Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority, Cairo 11371, Egypt
2Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Received 29 July 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editors: D. E. Bassi and M. Emoto
Copyright © 2012 Ismail Taha Ibrahim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Khalkhali, J. A. Cutrone, I. G. Mena et al., “Scintimammography: the complementary role of Tc-99m sestamibi prone breast imaging for the diagnosis of breast carcinoma,” Radiology, vol. 196, no. 2, pp. 421–426, 1995.
- H. Palmedo, F. Grünwald, H. Bender et al., “Scintimammography with technetium-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile: comparison with mammography and magnetic resonance imaging,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 940–946, 1996.
- F. J. T. Wackers, D. S. Berman, J. Maddahi et al., “Technetium-99m hexakis 2-methoxyisobutyl isonitrile: human biodistribution, dosimetry, safety, and preliminary comparison to thallium-201 for myocardial perfusion imaging,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 301–311, 1989.
- S. S. Sun, J. F. Hsieh, S. C. Tsai, Y. J. Ho, J. K. Lee, and C. H. Kao, “Expression of mediated P-glycoprotein multidrug resistance related to Tc-99m MIBI scintimammography results,” Cancer Letters, vol. 153, no. 1-2, pp. 95–100, 2000.
- M. Filipits, R. W. Suchomel, G. Dekan et al., “MRP and MDR1 gene expression in primary breast carcinomas,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 1231–1237, 1996.
- S. Del Vecchio, A. Ciarmiello, M. I. Potena et al., “In vivo detection of multidrug-resistant (MDR1) phenotype by technetium-99m sestamibi scan in untreated breast cancer patients,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 150–159, 1997.
- E. Barbarics, J. F. Kronauge, A. Davison, and A. G. Jones, “Uptake of cationic technetium complexes in cultured human carcinoma cells and human xenografts,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 667–673, 1998.
- A. J. Butt, C. E. Caldon, C. M. McNeil, A. Swarbrick, E. A. Musgrove, and R. L. Sutherland, “Cell cycle machinery: links with genesis and treatment of breast cancer,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 630, pp. 189–205, 2008.
- J. Cuzick, D. Y. Wang, and R. D. Bulbrook, “The prevention of breast cancer,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8472, pp. 83–86, 1986.
- W. Shelly, M. W. Draper, V. Krishnan, M. Wong, and R. B. Jaffe, “Selective estrogen receptor modulators: an update on recent clinical findings,” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 163–181, 2008.
- A. Gazit, T. Livshitz, and J. Shani, “Fluoro-clomiphene and its synthetic precursors: synthesis and receptor binding,” Steroids, vol. 48, no. 1-2, pp. 73–84, 1987.
- L. C. Murphy and R. L. Sutherland, “Antitumor activity of clomiphene analogs in vitro: relationship to affinity for the estrogen receptor and another high affinity antiestrogen-binding site,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 373–379, 1983.
- J. F. Richards and D. R. Griffith, “Effect of cis and trans clomiphene on mammary gland development in the rat,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 74–78, 1974.
- E. Hecker, I. Vegh, and C. M. Levy, “Clinical trial of clomiphene in advanced breast cancer,” European Journal of Cancer and Clinical Oncology, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 747–749, 1974.
- R. J. Baumann, T. L. Bush, D. E. Cross-Doersen et al., “Clomiphene analogs with activity in vitro and in vivo against human breast cancer cells,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 841–851, 1998.
- C. A. O'Brian, R. M. Liskamp, D. H. Solomon, and I. B. Weinstein, “Triphenylethylenes: a new class of protein kinase C inhibitors,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 1243–1246, 1986.
- T. C. Chambers, E. M. McAvoy, J. W. Jacobs, and G. Eilon, “Protein kinase C phosphorylates P-glycoprotein in multidrug resistant human KB carcinoma cells,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 265, no. 13, pp. 7679–7686, 1990.
- S. E. Bates, J. S. Lee, B. Dickstein, M. Spolyar, and A. T. Fojo, “Differential modulation of P-glycoprotein transport by protein kinase inhibition,” Biochemistry, vol. 32, no. 35, pp. 9156–9164, 1993.
- M. Abu-Zeid, H. Hori, H. Nagasawa, Y. Uto, and S. Inayama, “Studies of methyl 2-nitroimidazole-1-acetohydroxamate (KIN-804) 2: effect on certain antioxidant enzyme systems in mice bearing Ehrlich ascites carcinoma,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 195–198, 2000.
- C. Celerier, N. Robert, J. Bertrand-Barat, and D. Ducassou, “Nuclear medicine functional imaging,” Médecine Nucléaire Imagerie Fonctionnelle et Métabolique, vol. 21, p. 373, 1997.
- F. E. I. Liu, H. E. Youfeng, and Z. Luo, Technical Reports Series no. 426, IAEA, Vienna, Austria, pp. 37–52, 2004.
- R. Lettré, N. Paweletz, D. Werner, and C. Granzow, “Sublines of the ehrlich-lettré mouse ascites tumour a new tool for experimental cell research,” Die Naturwissenschaften, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 59–63, 1972.
- K. R. Sheeja, G. Kuttan, and R. Kuttan, “Cytotoxic and antitumour activity of Berberin,” Amala Research Bulletin, vol. 17, pp. 73–76, 1997.
- T. J. Lampidis, Y. F. Shi, C. L. Calderon, D. Kolonias, H. Tapiero, and N. Savaraj, “Accumulation of simple organic cations correlates with differential cytotoxicity in multidrug-resistant and -sensitive human and rodent cells,” Leukemia, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1156–1159, 1997.