- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 728205, 5 pages
Imaging of Electrode Position after Cochlear Implantation with Flat Panel CT
1Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg-Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
2Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg-Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
Received 22 October 2012; Accepted 4 November 2012
Academic Editors: C. Y. Chien, G. G. Ferri, M. Reiß, M. Sone, and D. Thurnher
Copyright © 2012 Diana Arweiler-Harbeck et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Czerny, E. Steiner, W. Gstoettner, W. D. Baumgartner, and H. Imhof, “Postoperative radiographic assessment of the Combi 40 cochlear implant,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 169, no. 6, pp. 1689–1694, 1997.
- J. Xu, S. A. Xu, L. T. Cohen, and G. M. Clark, “Cochlear view: postoperative radiography for cochlear implantation,” American Journal of Otology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2000.
- S. H. Bartling, R. Gupta, A. Torkos et al., “Flat-panel volume computed tomography for cochlear implant electrode array examination in isolated temporal bone specimens,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 491–498, 2006.
- G. K. A. Van Wermeskerken, M. Prokop, A. F. Van Olphen, and F. W. J. Albers, “Intracochlear assessment of electrode position after cochlear implant surgery by means of multislice computer tomography,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 264, no. 12, pp. 1405–1407, 2007.
- R. J. Witte, J. I. Lane, C. L. W. Driscoll et al., “Pediatric and adult cochlear implantation,” Radiographics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1185–1200, 2003.
- R. Gupta, S. H. Bartling, S. K. Basu et al., “Experimental flat-panel high-spatial-resolution volume CT of the temporal bone,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1417–1424, 2004.
- O. Majdani, S. H. Bartling, M. Leinung et al., “A true minimally invasive approach for cochlear implantation: high accuracy in cranial base navigation through flat-panel-based volume computed tomography,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 120–123, 2008.
- J. Ruivo, K. Mermuys, K. Bacher, R. Kuhweide, E. Offeciers, and J. W. Casselman, “Cone beam computed tomography, a low-dose imaging technique in the postoperative assessment of cochlear implantation,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 299–303, 2009.
- A. Aschendorff, R. Kubalek, B. Turowski et al., “Quality control after cochlear implant surgery by means of rotational tomography,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 34–37, 2005.
- A. Aschendorff, J. Kromeier, T. Klenzner, and R. Laszig, “Quality control after insertion of the nucleus contour and contour advance electrode in adults,” Ear and Hearing, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 75S–79S, 2007.
- J. Damet, M. Sans-Merce, F. Miéville et al., “Comparison of organ doses and image quality between CT and flat panel XperCT scans in wrist and inner ear examinations,” Radiation Protection Dosimetry, vol. 139, no. 1–3, Article ID ncq062, pp. 164–168, 2010.
- T. Struffert, V. Hertel, Y. Kyriakou et al., “Imaging of cochlear implant electrode array with flat-detector CT and conventional multislice CT: comparison of image quality and radiation dose,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 443–452, 2010.
- C. C. Finley, T. A. Holden, L. K. Holden et al., “Role of electrode placement as a contributor to variability in cochlear implant outcomes,” Otology & Neurotology, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 920–928, 2008.