- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 324306, 4 pages
Assessment of Exercise Testing after Repair of Tetralogy of Fallot
Pediatric Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11231, Egypt
Received 24 May 2012; Accepted 19 July 2012
Academic Editors: M. Adhikari, G. J. Casimir, and Y. M. Law
Copyright © 2012 A. A. Kotby et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Anji, K. J. Lee, R. Hamilton, W. R. Morrow, and B. W. McCrindle, “Exercise capacity after repair of tetralogy of Fallot in infancy,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 87, no. 8, pp. 1021–1023, 2001.
- B. Bouzas, P. J. Kilner, and M. A. Gatzoulis, “Pulmonary regurgitation: not a benign lesion,” European Heart Journal, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 433–439, 2005.
- Bernstein, “Cyanotic congenital heart lesions,” in Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, R. E. Kliegman, R. E. Behrman, and H. B. Jenson, Eds., vol. 430, no. 1, pp. 1362–1370, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherland, 18th edition, 2008.
- E. Siwik, F. Erenberg, K. Zahka, E. Goldmuntz, et al., “Tetralogy of Fallot,” in Moss and Adam's Heart Disease in Infants, Children and Adolescents, H. D. Allen, E. B. Clark, and H. P. Gutgessell, Eds., pp. 880–902, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2008.
- A. Park and K. Myung, “Cyanotic congenital heart disease, tetralogy of Fallot,” in Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners, pp. 235–243, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 5th edition, 2008.
- B. Sarubbi, G. Pacileo, C. Pisacane et al., “Exercise capacity in young patients after total repair of tetralogy of Fallot,” Pediatric Cardiology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 211–215, 2000.
- G. Derek, A. Uebing, V. Gibson, P. Gerhard, and A. Michael, “Right ventricular mechanics and QRS duration in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot: implications of infundibular disease,” Circulation, vol. 116, no. 14, pp. 1532–1539, 2007.
- B. Eyskens, C. Stephen, P. Claus, M. Gewillig, J. Bogaert, and L. Mertens, “The influence of pulmonary regurgitation on regional right ventricular function in children after surgical repair of tetralogy of Fallot,” European Journal of Echocardiography, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–345, 2010.
- M. H. M. van der Cammen-van Zijp, H. Ijsselstijn, T. Takken et al., “Exercise testing of pre-school children using the Bruce treadmill protocol: new reference values,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 393–399, 2010.
- B. J. Pietrucha and A. Rudzinski, “Exercise capacity in children after surgical correction of tetralogy of Fallot,” European Journal of Heart Failure Supplements, vol. 7, article 75, 2008.
- W. T. Mahle, M. G. McBride, and S. M. Paridon, “Exercise performance in tetralogy of Fallot: the impact of primary complete repair in infancy,” Pediatric Cardiology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 224–229, 2002.
- A. Samman, M. Schwerzmann, O. H. Balint et al., “Exercise capacity and biventricular function in adult patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot,” American Heart Journal, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 100–105, 2008.
- T. Geva, B. M. Sandweiss, K. Gauvreau, J. E. Lock, and M. Andrew, “Factors associated with impaired clinical status in long-term survivors of tetralogy of Fallot repair evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 1068–1074, 2004.
- K. S. Rathore, S. K. Agrawal, and A. Kapoor, “Restrictive physiology in tetralogy of Fallot: exercise and arrhythmogenesis,” Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 279–283, 2006.
- K. Norozi, V. Gravenhorst, E. Hobbiebrunken, and A. Wessel, “Normality of cardiopulmonary capacity in children operated on to correct congenital heart defects,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 159, no. 11, pp. 1063–1068, 2005.
- H. Andersen, R. Marc, V. T. Tsang, M. J. Elliott, and H. Robert, “Is complete heart block after surgical closure of ventricular septum defects still an issue?” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 948–956, 2006.